Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HughJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Norwich UK
i kid you not, i have a few apps open: Safari, Camino, Textedit and entourage and every so often i hear "hey" in a small cutesie voice and i have no idea where its coming from

anyone know????

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Maybe a Safari or Camino page you've got open has got an advert on it that plays a sound? They crop up from time to time, either when I'm browsing alone in a darkened room (thus scaring me) or when I'm doing a bit of sneaky surfing at work (thus getting me into bother).

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
face it.....THEY know who you are, what you are doing, where you are doing it, how you are doing it, and why !

Better get your personal affairs in order REAL fast.........BEFORE the guys in REALLY black suits come knockin on your door :) Otherwise this may be the last time we hear from you, or your computer...........

MacTT

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2006
LOL! This is so funny. I think I saw this ad in my pc awhile back. It freaked me out too. :eek:

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Jaffa Cake said:
Maybe a Safari or Camino page you've got open has got an advert on it that plays a sound? They crop up from time to time, either when I'm browsing alone in a darkened room (thus scaring me) or when I'm doing a bit of sneaky surfing at work (thus getting me into bother).
You should try the same thing, in a darkened room, after some paranoia cigarettes. I bet that is the much more scary until it is realised what is actually happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.