I'm hiring bloggers for a new site...Interested?

Discussion in 'Community' started by t300, Jul 30, 2005.

1. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

My partners and I are starting a new site with nothing but reviews. Reviews on anything and everything. We are putting a lot of money and effort into making this the next big thing. We wanted to see if you fellow Mac-heads had interest in writing for us. We have interest in paying our bloggers when things really get moving in a few weeks. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible. PM me or IM me and we can talk more. Thanks!

2. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

So kinda like epinions.com except without the barrage of flash ads and more REAL, non-company-hirees, regular people reviewers? I might be interested then. Epinions used to be a great place, but it seems company-hired "reviewers" and ads have taken over the place.

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hmm, is there any qualifications for this? I'm interested.

4. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

I've responded to all PM's! Thanks to all that are interested! The rest of you, don't hesistate to get in on this project as it's going to be huge! Thanks.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Sure, I'm interested in this as well, but I don't know what the qualifications are for this sort of work. Its not something I'm doing to make money. I just want to review things for kicks, seeing as how I already have an opinion when I use something for the first time. May as well tell people what I think.

EDIT TO ADD: Seeing as how I live in Australia and not the US or UK or anywhere more convenient, it probably doesn't matter.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Define "hiring" ?

Do you mean "recruiting volunteers to work for nothing" or "entering into a written contract with pay for service"

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

waht do you mean by reviews on anything and everything? like anime, action figures, Xmen cartoon, is that included in everything?

8. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

I will currently define it as both. In the long haul, we will pay our hard working bloggers. I wouldn't necessarily say we are "recruiting volunteers to work for nothing" though. We have a few sponsors that will be supplying us with items for our bloggers to review, and what you review, you keep. So I suppose you could say that there will be varied incentives until the pay comes along. Thanks!

Yes. If you like it, have a passion, and feel that you can write something intelligent about it, you can review anything. Who doesn't love a good action figure review?

For all those very or mildly interested, do not hesitate to instant message me right this instant or ANY time tonight. ScreenName: t300

9. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

10. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I'm interested... Need the POV of a young , female mac addict?
    :p

I can write in a coherent manner, too! Hahaha

11. sprstu macrumors member

sprstu

This could be something huge, and for that matter something very worth while. I would love to take a swing at it. There will be a spell check, correct?

12. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Sure, if nothing else, I can promise an objective and well researched opinion as to why you should or should not buy the product I am reviewing. Given that I will probably not be able to decide the content provided in the final review, I can think of a few other (for now, undefined) aspects I would include in the final product review. Sounds like an interesting undertaking to me, especially if people find the reviews helpful.

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It's times like this that I had the ability to write. Nursing has only made that ability worse. Wish you great success with the site. Will look forward to the results. ;)

14. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

If you want to give it a shot, then come on! The thing is, I don't believe that you don't have a writing ability as I just read your post flawlessly. We want all different perspectives from all walks of life. You don't have live here, you don't have to exclusively use Macs, you don't have to be technologically savvy, and you don't have to be young or old. We all have opinions and opinions equal reviews. Any of you have the power to be a part of this or even starting your own webblog. Never think otherwise. All those interested PM or IM me. Thanks!

15. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Too bad I'm only 13 and my parents probably would not let me. Otherwise I would say, "Where do I sign up?"

16. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sounds interesting. I was thinking of doing a blog review type of thing on photo gear. This might be up my alley. I work for a camera shop, and get the chance to try out new gear from time to time, as well as just buying toys because they are cool.

Drop me an email so I can find out more.

Chip

17. acceber macrumors regular

Hey sounds good, definitely interested. I live in Australia if that matters!

18. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I'll go to whole foods and pick up some crazy vegan food to review for ya. :)

I'll do it tomorrow when I wake up. Rock on with your WordPress!

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You're going to get a lot of Mac product review submissions. :p

I'll even review restaurants in Sydney. That's "anything," right?

I think you can't say "review anything." It's not coherent enough. If you kept up-to-date on reviews for all the new mobile phones released, then great, people who look for mobile phone reviews will go to your website.

However, people who are looking for restaurant reviews, or action figure reviews, won't come back to your website if all they found was a handful of restaurants reviewed, and these restaurants weren't even ones that were in their city.

Just an example.

I don't think you can review something that's region specific. Nobody is going to care if I review my dining experience at Musashi in Sydney if they live in Newcastle, UK. But review a car, digital cameras, or mobile phones, and it's relevent to more people.

Si?

20. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Be happy to give it a try, need to get fired from something every now and then.
    I am a consumer report, review hog, and know what I like to hear about a product when I'm looking.

21. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

t300,

I've written a draft, care to peruse it? Lemme know what you think and/or how I can improve it. Thanks!

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I am most interested in this :) I've always been interested in working for a tech review site, but was not sure how to get on board.

Thanks for the consideration! PM sent.

23. sprstu macrumors member

sprstu

Posted!! sorta long, but whatever, people can read it in parts

24. spencerwatts macrumors newbie

25. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'd suggest more subsections.

You have:
    * Dining
    * Misc.
    * Restaurants
    * Site News
    * Tech

Dining and Resteraunts are almost the same thing there, but Tech is way too general.

I'd suggest:

Peripherals
    Computer Systems
    Handhelds/Phones
    Software
    Multimedia
    Computer Components
    Other Tech