I'm In Bad Terms With Apple

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Bobjob186, Jun 7, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

Apple is dying in the notebook area of there products. Both of there notebooks are not fully capable to use their operating system. That's like me (A Big Man, (The Operating System)) trying to drive a Kia Rio (The Notebooks), you just don't do that. Apple I'm Upset with you right now and will be unless something new comes out in your notebooks before august 1st

2. macrumors regular

I'm not sure what you are trying to do with your computer but I have a 1ghz ibook g4 with 768 megs of ram and it works great for everything I need to do. I belive I will be able to hold off until apple releases some intel notebooks before thing thing will need an upgrade.

3. macrumors 6502

Why do you think they're switching to Intel. This is going to get us a fast notebook finally.

4. macrumors 65816

James Philp

I couldn't understand your post the first time over, please note (and I'm not trying to be condescending, I don't know if English is your first language)"
    "there" means a location - i.e. I went there, or let's go there
    "their" means belonging to them
    "they're" means they are
    So:
    What's weird is you go the last one right!

On topic: The current PowerBooks seem to run Mac OS about 99%. The only thing that's missing is a tiny bit of the eye-candy, and I'm not even sure this is true for some of the models even.

5. macrumors 6502a

chibianh

yep.. 'bout time

6. macrumors 6502

Powerbook G5. The ultimate in Apple vaporware.

7. macrumors 68020

What, exactly, can't the current PowerBooks do? If they aren't fast enough, don't buy one.

8. bug
    macrumors regular

Do you really want my list? I have one, and I love it, but fast it is not. I pretty much sit down to use it and the CPU is at 100% until I walk away (if I haven't left it with tasks to complete). It's rare when my G5 hits 100% for any sustained amount of time.

9. macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Well if u r in such bad terms wit applz y dont u juz go their n ask dem to make a better oen/

10. macrumors 65816

James Philp

LMAO

11. macrumors 68020

So you pretty much fall into the "not fast enough for me" category. Next..

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

Why do you guys agree with them???

First of all i'm sorry if i offended you if i wrote incorrectly it's just i dont take much time in putting up posts like you guys do, if you get the idea move on stop trying to be a smartie and correct people. Anyways stop defending the notebooks, instead give some ideas on what we can suspect to come next and what we can do to understand what apple is doing next. If you sit and say oh well there good of course nothing is going to change cause right now their getting jacked up by pc notebooks, yes our OS kills theirs but come on its apple where is the bang and innovation that all of us are so used to.

13. macrumors G3

puckhead193

Can i ask, what your using your computer for? I can see if your doing high end video editing with motion etc but if your browsing the net and basic stuff i don't see why a 1.67 or even a 1.5 is enough. I have 1.5 PB with a gig of ram and it works great, its not as a fast as a G5 but i can still manage FC projects just fine.

14. macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

OMG they are changing all their damn chips! They are actually doing the ABSOLUTE MOST they can do and then some!

15. macrumors 65816

Faster is always better. This is a PC enthuiast way of life.

Its not that the Powerbooks now are slow, but they could be faster.

16. macrumors 68000

After G

Apple's notebooks are perfectly capable of running their latest OS. The OS responds perfectly fast - almost OS 9 like even. If you really need more power to do your tasks right now, you should probably use a desktop. If this is job-related, you will make enough money off your faster desktop so that you can buy a new notebook/save for the next PB/iBook revision. A notebook is for portability, the idea of a desktop replacement is mostly for bragging rights and LAN parties for gamers.

17. macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Yawn. Next newbie please.

18. macrumors 68030

munkle

It's only vapourware if they've announced it ;)

Now the 3GHz G5 is vapourware!

19. Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I don't think the other poster was trying to be a "smartie"; it really IS easier to read posts written with correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. And the person who brought it up even commented that he realised it was possible English wasn't your first language, just to make sure you understood he wasn't trying to be nasty.

I agree with those who've said that if the laptops aren't fast enough for what you're doing, then you most likely should get a desktop model. Those who are satisfied with their laptops, will of course say so; they're not defending anything, just stating their opinions.

20. macrumors 65816

James Philp

I really wasn't trying to offend, I just had to read the post over a few times to understand it, that's all!

On topic:
    Apple ARE changing their ENTIRE RANGE's CPUs for the MAIN REASON that they KNOW that the current PBs are not good enough - what more do you want?
    Within the next year Apple will no doubt announce a intel-based PB that will kill PC laptops in terms of speed (but most likely NOT price).
    I would think that all but the top of the top Apps will run on a G4 1.67GHz without issue, but if you're doing very demanding things (which you obviously are if your CPU is at 100% all the time (that or you have a technical problem)) - that you are running these Apps as part of a job/livelyhood, in which case, you will be sat at a desk anyway. - Only the pro-level apps will max out a 1.67GHz G4 (like Shake, Motion and FCP).

21. macrumors 65816

MacTruck

What are these the English Grammar boards? Who cares? Good grief.

22. macrumors 65816

James Philp

What have you brought to the thread with this post?:
    Take a chill pill, was trying to help.
    idiot.
    At least at the end of my post I actually tried to answer the original thread!

23. Guest

iGary

Until I get a list of applications your Powerbook can't run, or is clocking your CPU up to 100% with, I call troll.

24. macrumors 68020

Peterkro

No this is not a (american) English grammer board but it helps if you can understand what it is someone is asking, obviously if its your second(or 3rd,4th etc) language we'll still try to help,but if your just a lazy sloppy git forget it.I'm perfectly happy with my Powerbook it may balk at some large files in the pro range but it'll still do it.What is the original poster doing remaking LOTR set in a nightclub?