I'm in Baghdad

Discussion in 'Community' started by RhynoT99, Aug 15, 2004.

1. RhynoT99 macrumors newbie

How is everybody today? I'm in baghdad right now, i dont have an iMac, just a regular Dell, actually its not mine, its the air forces. Anyways, many things are blocked on the internet so i cant view them, and i tried to post on her earlier about something I've been trying to get ahold of. If you could help, look fora strategy guide or FAQ on ESPN NFL 2K5 for Xbox and email it to me. Email address is James.Thompson@bdab.aorcentaf.af.mil

Good places to find these are GameFaqs, Gamespot, Gamesages dot com.

Thanks for the help, and if you are curious about how it is down here then i will gladly answer your questions and listen to you thoughts.

PEACE LOVE AND HAIR GREASE!!!!! :p

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

The FAQ is in your mail box... enjoy. My lil' bro is out there somewhere... not in Baghdad but... somewhere out there... in Iraq.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    good luck and be safe during your stint there :) enjoy the game :)

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Air Force? Sweet. I want to join the Air Force Academy, and I think I will when I get out of highschool. I've got all the stuff I need I think (vision, athletics, congressman recommdation, etc.)

Are you a pilot or what?

5. friarbayliff macrumors regular

Air force? Sweet. I thought about, but some time around 10th grade my eyes decided to go completely retarded. Oh well, there's always a career in computers - something that allows me to use my nearsightedness effectively :)

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i could if i wanted to join the RAF (royal air force (uk thing))i have the vision and i have damn good reflexes but i'm a lazy gimp so i'd have to get fit :mad:.

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Keep your wings level, and may you have many three point landings (though as I have been told any landing is a good one).

Godspeed in your journeys.

8. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Good Luck, and stay safe!

I think it's "any landing you can walk away from is a good one" :D

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

The academies take a whole person approach to selection. Don't forget academic standing, SAT/ACT scores, extracuricular activities, Honor Society, etc. These are all important as well. The Boy Scouts -- especially leadership positions -- is a plus as well.

Reference vision. Having 20/20 uncorrected is only part of the equation. Color blindness is a key eliminator from pilot duty.

The key question I think you need to ask yourself, is why do you want to go to the USAFA? If you are there for the wrong reason(s), chances are you won't survive the 4 years.

Good luck!

Sushi

10. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Just a quick question:

How do they block web sites at your base?

The admins do the same thing at my school and I use www.megaproxy.com to get around that. It's worth a try, but don't do it if it will get you into serous trouble!

Have fun in Baghdad, and be safe! :)

11. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

try this

at least at my school their blocker dealie cant block secure sites so i use this. it's pretty good but if you want to log in to a site or download anything you have to be a paid member. it's ~40 usd a year.

12. GeorgeTheMonkey macrumors member

Godspeed, James. May you soar on eagles' wings and stay ever safe.

But most importantly, may you find an iMac or another Apple machine to use while in Baghdad. :p

(The Air Force has this rather nasty habit of using Dells, I know. :rolleyes: )

Aye, it's a tough gig, to get into any of the military academies, it is. My brother is currently at the USAFA, but only after being rejected the first time around and spending a year at Embry Riddle. He had it all -- 4.0 GPA, excellent SAT/ACT scores, ASB President his senior year, one of the top 3 of his class; he even had a vice presidential nomination from Gore... and they still rejected him the first time. ;)

But keep it in your sights, MacAztec. If you truly want it, you might achive it. Oh, and go out and joy the Civil Air Patrol or something too. :p

13. RhynoT99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey everybody, thanks for the prayers, also thank you for the guide, helped alot. I am a firefighter in the airforce, at baghdad international airport right now. Well, i've made it this far and i'll make it all the way, fixing to get out of here! i cant wait till i take the first step into the fresh air of norfolk! the smell, if its pollution i dont care, just something better than dirty water and dust. MMMmmm

14. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Support him (write/call) during Gloom Period...especially his first year.

It can sux at times!

Sushi

15. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Good luck!

...and thanks for being a part of those who serve!

Thanks!

Sushi

16. RhynoT99 thread starter macrumors newbie

need music

Hey if anybody can get music off the internet, please send me some good quality 12 stones. They came out with a new CD the other day and i have yet to hear but want to, email listed above.

Thanks