I'm inept, I know :)

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cleo, Jul 8, 2002.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I know this question has been covered at least half a dozen times before, but since it didn't apply to me at the time I failed to note the answers, and I'm apparently inept at using the search tool because I can't find any of the old threads.

Since I wiped my HD and reinstalled OS X, Software Update has been telling me every day that I should add various language support packages. How do I make it not do that (short of installing said packages)?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

This is actually covered in "System Prefs Help"

Remember the menu bar has "Help"

Search for update, it'll tell you what to do under "Updating Your Software".

Select and Make inactive from the update menu.

But your computer could have told you that. ;)

3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Cleo, you're not inept. :) And Sun Baked, making an update inactive is all but pointless, since every time you check for updated software and it doesn't find any, it thinks it's being smart by saying "There are no new updates, but you have X number of inactive updates, would you like to view them?" and you are thereby inconvenienced to say "NO for the billionth time!" every single time. This is a pet peeve I sure hope they fix under Jaguar.

4. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

omg Hemingray. what in gods name is that signature??? its ****ing hilarious. movie? book? tell me.

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

My good friend, it's Red Dwarf! It's a "smegging" hilarious British sci-fi comedy TV series: http://www.reddwarf.co.uk

:D :D :D