Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niggiebro

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2003
City of Angels
Hey all,

I've been a PC user for many years now, but as soon as I got a chance to play with a Mac running OS X 10.3, I had to get it and I did!!!

Do any of you know of any good sites for Mac software :rolleyes:

If so please PM me or post a reply thanks! :p

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
versiontracker.com and macupdate.com are good places to get shareware/demos. Remember to keep it legal.

Attachments

• piracy floppy.jpg
    piracy floppy.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 106

scottwat

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
Ohio USA
2000 pounds?

Isnt the penalty for piracy in the US like your first born or left gonad or something? or is that just pirating windows?
BTW
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ - tons of apps free, demo, and expensive
http://www.academicsuperstore.com/ might have some good deals if your a student
Alot of times if you are a student you can get academic software pricing or even free software in some cases, the idea that if you come out of school using it, when you make lots of money you will buy it or when you have buying power in a company you will push their stuff.

Maybe list some of the stuff you are wanting to do, and we can point you to free or cheap ways to do it, or search on the forums or macosxhints.com they have lots of cool tricks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-

Butler- just try it. AWESOME. More important than finder.
Sidetrack- 5 button mouse, scroll wheel, all in your trackpad.
Adium- IM. Done right
Butler- so cool, I have to say it again.
gettunes or ourtunes. For the music.
unsanity stuff- cleardock, and if you aren't so poor as me, themechanger. Couple of others not bad either.

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
Isnt the penalty for piracy in the US like your first born or left gonad or something? or is that just pirating windows?
I don't know. I just attached the pic as a warning against piracy because this thread could have easliy gone that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.