I'm looking for an easy RPG where characters advance quickly

Discussion in 'Games' started by amin, Sep 2, 2003.

1. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

I'm not into very challenging games. I like to win easy. I have the most fun when I can quickly get to the point where I devastate everything in my path with nukes :D . Can anyone recommend a RPG that will run on my 12" PB and let me quickly advance a character? I don't want to read a manual or a strategy book, so I am looking for a simple way to pass a small amount of free time. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Get a SNES emulator and download any SNES RPG ROM.

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

4. amin thread starter macrumors 6502a

amin

Thanks for the suggestions. Ideally I'd like to buy something made for the Mac so I can specifically support developers of easy RP games for the Mac :) .

5. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

I would say Diablo II if you haven't tried it already.

6. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Diablo 2 is certainly fun. You level up quickly at first but gets more challenging at later levels. Good buy.

7. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

Weeeelllll, y'know I was thinking the same thing...I would like to load up a simple rpg on my ibook for my downtime when I'm out....doing nothing LoL. So here is what I dug up..

Since Diablo II, Baldurs Gate II, and NWN is prolly NOT what you are looking for (long and demanding), I did come across this:

Dragon Alpha

It's looks kinda' remind me of Final Fantasy (snes) meets flash. As far as gameplay, fighting, and length...the demo I played only lasted so long, so I don't really know. But it does seem to have SOME promise as a simple RPG, All the basics are there...

Of course you can try the demo before you buy it.;)

8. Physiognome macrumors member

9. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

I am currently digging "Fallout". Very cool game with solid reviews. It runs on my 400 iMac well. And yes the character develop fast. It's cheap too, and made for os x!

10. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I know I've said this before, but I would praise Sierra, calling its name into the firmaments, if they would port all the King's Quest games to OSX. They rule. I go to brother's sometimes just to play KQ8. Sigh... those are the best RPG games ever (They are considered RPG, right?)