I'm looking for this leather folio. I haven't seen it, have you?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by DaneGuy, May 26, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

I've been looking for the "perfect" case but haven't found it. What I'm looking for:

1. Leather or faux leather
    2. Folio style
    3. Able to stand horizontally
    4. No leather on the front of the iPad - The clasps like the Macally has or the little corner things would work as long as they don't cover anything (speaker, power, etc.)

This CrazyOnDigital is nice but doesn't stand. HERE

The Marware covers the front of the iPad with suede. HERE

Same with Tuff-Luv. HERE

The Ctcstore Leather Convertible Book looks good except that goofy strap and the way it stands (with part of the case protruding in front of the iPad) is weird. HERE

Has anyone seen one similar to what I'm trying to find. :confused:

2. macrumors member

3. macrumors regular

tikidoc

4. macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

http://www.google.com/m/url?cd=1&client=safari&ct=res&ei=or_9S-DXAojGlQegktR0&hl=en&oe=UTF-8&oi=blended&q=http%3A%2F%2Fyoobao.en.alibaba.com%2Fproduct%2F300307970-210030402%2FYoobao_Executive_Black_Leather_Case_Folio_Book_For_Apple_iPad.html&resnum=1&sa=X&ved=0CA0QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHRihLJzPxnuGYDqaFw2g0ZIW-KPg

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I like the Youbao. My only concern is the magnets. I don't know the long term effects they have on the pad and I don't know what they'll do to GPS.

The front is covered too, but that's not that big a deal. Otherwise, it is really nice.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

That is an interesting case! No black??

It looks like the Noreve meets all the criteria but I can't find any good pictures of it. The pics on the site don't really show much. Again, I'm a little worried about the magnets........

7. macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B367 Safari/531.21.10)

What makes you think it has magnets? The way I see it, it stays closed via the curved clip on the edge of the case. There's no surface area for magnets to work on the screen side of the case.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm. I wonder where I got that idea too.... :eek:

EDIT: Ah it's a different model.

9. macrumors regular

tikidoc

There are 2 Yoobao cases. One is similar to the Apple case but in leather. That one has a leather "frame" around the screen and closes with magnets. The one in this pic is more what you are looking for, I think. No magnets and no leather on the front of the ipad. This one has not yet made it's way to ebay. Big drawback in my book is that it is fake leather. The Apple clone is real leather.