I'm makin' the Switch!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by elbennet, Jun 13, 2005.

1. elbennet macrumors member

I'm going tonight to pick up my first mac from the nearby Apple Store tonight!! :) My family has always been PC oriented, so I'm the first. I'm getting a 20" iMac with the wireless keyboard and mouse and soon to buy more ram somewhere else. I just wanted to thank everyone on the board for all of their help with us newbies!

See you on the other side!

2. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Good luck! Welcome to the MacIntosh side of computing.

Don't get cold feet five minutes before the purchase.

Mike

3. zv470 macrumors 6502

4. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

6. gator95 macrumors newbie

I am also making the switch. I am still debating between the iMac 20" and the mini with a 20" lcd purchase. Just curious to see if you went through this and what led you to your final decision.

7. Sogo macrumors 6502

I hope it ROxxOaArzzZs! your BoxxXaAArZz! as much as it did mine.

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Congrats on your decision to switch! You made the right choice. I also just recently switched and am loving it. Mac OS X 10.4 ROCKS!!! Enjoy your new iMac G5.

9. elbennet thread starter macrumors member

I decided to get the imac over the mini and a screen mostly because I'm a college student and those dorm desks don't have a whole lot of room. I can also take it back and forth from school fairly easily if I need to.
    I really liked the all in one look - plus I just got a research grant from my school with some award money so I could afford to get the 20" imac. It's on my desk at home right now and I love it so far. It's not hooked up to the internet yet, so I still have to rely on a PC for that, but soon enough.

Good luck with your decision!

10. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Surely there's no competition - the iMac has a G5!! :cool:

11. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Congrats ...

Congrats on your decision to make the Switch ... welcome to the Mac community and happy computing :)

12. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Congratulations and Welcome!!
    You won't regret it one bit!

13. wako macrumors 65816

I dont own a mac yet but a another perspective I think you should think that if later on the future that iMac goes sour or you need a new machine, just know that the beautiful screen it comes with goes as well... Unlike the 20'' cinema display you can actually reuse it the next time you need a new computer.