I'm making a site...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development (archive)' started by Phatpat, Oct 6, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2003
    Washington DC
    But what?

I in a cool web class at college, and we are gonna end up making our own sites. I figured I could do something Apple related cause I am really passionate about the company and know a lot. Do you guys have any suggestions for a type of site I could do?

It don't want to do something that has been completely overdone, but I want it to be informative and and enjoyable site that people can visit on a regular basis.

I'm looking through the MacPicks site for some ideas...but feel free help me out...I'm no good at decisions...
  2. macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2003
    It's always good to narrow your focus on a part of Apple or the Macintosh that you like the most. There are already so many broad Mac sites with similar names that you should make a niche for yourself. Go with something that you particularly like about the Mac experience.

Or something that describes yourself. What kind of a Mac user are you? Brainstorm and find a domain registrar and see what's available.

Today I shelled out a few bucks, seeing that iTunes is going to get HUGE Thursday and fearing that the people over at downhillbattle.com would soon pick up blatantly anti-iTunes sites, I registered some domains that they won't be able to touch.

Plus loveitunes.com. I plan on making that into a site once I return to my Mac in December. It's mine! :D