I'm making my own Web Comic!

Discussion in 'Community' started by LimeiBook86, Aug 28, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

The name of the Web Comic is called: "A Boy, a Pig, and a Mac" It stars a boy, his brother, and a pig, and of course a Mac. I'm still drawing it though. :) The drawings are supposed to look like a kid drew it (well I am a kid), :D Well I'll see what drawing style I want to use when I start to make a couple comics. The comics will be only a couple frames, like Dilbert, :D Here's a sneak peak, it shows the main characters:[​IMG]

I don't know what I want the comic to be about but I will figure it out soon. Well wish me luck everyone! ;)

2. vniow macrumors G4

Why don't you include that sock puppet monkey of yours? :D

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

thats a good idea!

I will include the sock monkey, he will be the Boy's puppet! :D Good idea! Thanks

Note: for those who wonder what a sock monkey is, here it is: [​IMG]

HEE HEE HEE!

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It looks like it'll be fun. Good luck with it. I hope to see it when you get it going.

You're almost 16, will you still be a kid?

5. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

if the mac talks...remember to make it diss pcs alot ;)
    jk

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ha, sounds like a good start - are you going to host in anywhere? How many do you think you'll end up making a month?

Making it on your mac, right? Are you sketching the strip out first and scanning in the line drawings or are you doing it all on the mac from scratch?

And do you want me to move this into the open discussion/creative forum? It would be a good place to post the updates.

Oh, I looked into doing one myself a while back, there are quite a lot of resources on line and books you can buy that will really help you. Go to google and do a search and check out some how to books at amazon.com

Good luck,

D

7. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Cool

Well when I'm 16 I'll still be a kid in heart, lol Well I have a drawing tablet from JAM and KBgear.com, it stinks it only works under OS 9, maybe Jaguar will make it work? Well dukestreet I don't mind if you move the fourm, you can if you want :) I will make the mac talk, maybe, it will dis PCs hee hee hee. Besides using the drawing tablet, I'm eqauly good at drawing by hand and using the mouse, I developed the skill when I was younger:) I have a notebook I keep all the original sketches and ideas in, its pretty nice to look at, I might post it on my site when I get my full .Mac account going, :) I have all of the original sketches in the book so someday when I finish making the first comic I'll post the sketches, it will show the difference between the original ideas and the finished comic, :D I hope it turns out good. It was funn,y I was walking in KB Toys and I found a little playskool Piggy Bank that lookes EXACTLY like my cartoon pig, hee hee hee, it was like $12 though so If I have money I might get it just to look at, I could use a bank to. But I'd only buy it because it looks cool, I know thats sounds strange. I'll have a site up soon about the cartoon. I'll put it up soon! I'll be back! ;) :D

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I mistakenly bought one of the graphics tablets from that company. Hopefully, you've had a lot more luck with it. Later, I bought a Graphire 2 , which actually works nicely, although the useful space is terribly small.

I'll be interested in what you do. I'm taking an Adobe Illustrator course right now and I'm hoping to be able to do amazing quality illustrations with it eventually. We have to do a photo-like illustration for class. At school, only the mouse is available.

9. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Do they use macs at your school? Because at my High School we have crapy Pentium II Gateways! We use Photoshop 6 and have to save everything to damn floppy disks! The hard drives have some software called "Hands Off Security" so we can't save anything to the hard drive, the PCs are sort of useless then... :rolleyes: I brought my iBook into school a couple times, I did some photoshop work so fast I was done before the others hardly begun, its not because I was that good, it was because of the slow Gateways, I meen the English class across the hall at least has Pentium IIIs ( like thiers a difference...:rolleyes: ) Well my Commercial Art teacher is awsome, she agrees that we should have Macs and PCs, so we can learn to work with both. We would even settle for the Classic iMac, hey I'd perfer a Flat Panel iMac or even an eMac (they are cool) but hey, a Mac is a Mac :) Hope you have fun in your class :D Well school starts on Wednesday for me but, we got a new printer for our class so that will be better! ;)

10. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

its that wang that counts

just a suggestion, try adding wang, that seems to help some comics get started. Also, have a PC character(computer, i mean, not user) and have him be an angry drunk

11. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Re: its that wang that counts

I must have never herd before, what EXACTLY is "wang"?