Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skylord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
San Diego
Hi everyone. Love my new MacBook but have an issue with it. When I'm watching a video online, the audio keeps playing but unless I keep moving the cursor around the video stops playing. Once I move the cursor the vid jumps to the point where the audio is. Any answers? I'm a retired air traffic controller and the first working response will get you released from a delay. ; )

Zazoh

macrumors 65832
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Wow -- who new this was such a prevalent problem. Seems all computer operating systems for years have had it at one point or another.

I'm not sure I have a fix, but are you watching YouTube, Netflix and are you watching in Safari? Also, what Mac OS version are you on ... Click Apple | About this Mac ... the latest is 10.12.1 (Sierra)

The reason I ask, is most of the solutions out there are to make sure you are on the latest software versions.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
check fast.com (for example); how's your internet speed? are these flash videos, or youtube (as zazoh asked, above)? is the OS up-to-date?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.