I'm now officially a Mac owner...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ouphe, Aug 24, 2005.

1. ouphe macrumors regular

...and damn, am I ever impressed. It's on thing to work at a lab full of dual-processor G4's: it's another creature completely to have, sitting on your desk, a dual-processor PM G5. I've NEVER run CS2 so quickly. Anyone who wants a hardcore graphic design machine, pick out the PM G5 of your choice and go at it.
    Thanks again to everyone who helped me through the buying process: I'll no doubt be posting again sometime soon for advice on augmenting this thing with RAM and possibly a more powerful video card.
    Thanks!

-Colin

2. dansuz1 macrumors member

dansuz1

Good for you Colin! Welcome to the club. This is a great forum for news and help with your new computer.

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

glad you like your new mac. i recently upgraded to the rev b iMac, 20inch screen, 2.0GHz. it's amazing, can't even imagine how fast the powermacs must be.

4. Studawg7 macrumors regular

welcome to club mac! ive been drooling over a G5 for oh i dont know how long... but my ibook keeps me happy till that day i finish my masters and actually get a job :rolleyes:

5. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Welcome to 2 GHz G5 dually bliss! :D

I'm doing great on 1 GB RAM, but still want to take this puppy up another notch adding at least another Gig.

6. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Congrats!

I too am looking forward to dually PM at some point. New iBook is just a blast though. Goes along OK for most things with 1.5GB RAM :)

7. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Congrats, I hope I can get one like that one day :D

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Welcome to the club Colin, congratulations. I would high recommend at least 1GB of RAM, you will see a noticeable improvement in performance. Purchase what you can afford. Also AppleCare is important.

9. WeeShoo macrumors regular

Congrat's, Apple will bring you nothing but Joy.

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

congrats! i'm glad you like your new mac. have fun with it

11. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Bring back the Switch Forums. I think with the upcoming intel Macs, we'll see a new and larger, more deadly influx of PC users into the Mac community. Especially as they infiltrate and dilute the pure Mac users on this board. We need a new forum to contain this PC spread. BTW, I'm not implying the OP is a PC user at all.

12. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Good on you :D

If you need a good LCD screen with a 16.7M colour display I recommend the CMV - 726D 17"

13. ouphe thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the welcome, everybody! This board has never steered me wrong, so I'm definitely sticking around.
    Bern: thanks for the advice, but I already have a 20" Dell Ultrasharp Widescreen LCD that I'm using for my PM.

14. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135