I'm on a knife edge about getting a G4 with the UK postal strike.

Discussion in 'Community' started by barkmonster, Nov 3, 2003.

1. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Ok, it's just my luck that just about everything else in my life is falling into place and this happens (in order of events) :

1. Looking into getting a loan to buy a dual G4, G5 won't do, can't boot OS 9, dual 1.25 G4 overall a better option.

2. Go on UK apple store day after panther release, no more link to the G4s :(

3. See them on the american store and that all the larger online resellers in UK still have them in stock, take out a loan of £1,300. Told the forms will be with me in a few days to sign and the money in my account middle of next week (that's wednesday of this week now and looking doubtful).

4. Postal strike announced, live in the north, not London but got the loan over the phone. Worried a little.

5. Today, still no sign of the forms, don't even want to check online stores incase they run out.

This is a terrible chain of events, I think I could end up in 1 of 3 situations :

1. The ideal one, the forms come, I send 'em off, order the G4 by the end of the week, finally get my beige G3 from under my desk and into the spare room and a shiny new powerhouse of a G4 to make my protools sessions fly.

2. The next to ideal one, forms arrive late, everyone apart from 1 online store out of stock, have to order a returned model or a refurb.

3. Totally screw everything up and end up having a pile of cash and nothing worth spending it on 'cos a single G4 is trash in comparison for what I want and a G5 is totally out of the question.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The dual G4s are still listed on Apple's UK store. They're in the list on the left, under Apple Products.

Edit: Just realised that your post is like a month old. What happened in the end?

3. barkmonster thread starter macrumors 68020

barkmonster

I'm completely screwed!!

Not only didn't I get the loan but I've lost my job 'cos the company went into administration, my personal life is a joke and I don't have a penny to my name and little hope of getting another job till next year now. Glad I live with my parents.