I'm Pissed

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thebiggoose, Dec 29, 2006.

1. thebiggoose macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

Grrrr! I ordered my Christmas present (CD BlackBook Refurbed) on the 26th (Tuesday) with a bag from Apple.com. They both shipped on Wednesday, but form separate locations(Both in California). The BlackBook shipped from Sacramento and the expected delivery date was Dec. 30th. It hasn't changed it's status (Left Fed-Ex Location in Sacramento) since then. This morning I woke up, and the delivery date was changed to Jan. 3. I called Fed-Ex and the lady insisted that the delivery date has not changed. I really need my Macbook by Sunday night! This Sucks! Does anyone know if I can ask Fed-Ex to change my shipping option for more money (I used the free Fed-Ex Ground Shipping)? Why would it take 8 days to get from Sacramento to Michigan? That's BS. The bag, which shipped at teh same time from a different location in California, still has an expected delivery date of Dec. 30!

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

It's too late once it's been shipped out.
    That's shipping during the holiday season. Tons of stuff out to be shipped prior to Christmas, thereby backing up shipments that would normally have happened before, and possibly causing more of a backup even after Christsmas.

But that does suck, and I'm sorry your MB is taking longer to get to you.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

shipping companies are a pain. all of 'em.

i wish you luck, but right now its out of your hands and Apple's.
    i really dislike FedEx ground, but their Air services are better. Their ground service does seem to take forever. it should be about a four or five day ship to Michigan though. and considering the snowstorms and everything in CO i could see it taking a day or so longer. remember with ground its being sent on a truck to you so takes a bit going through the various hubs and covering ground.

don't know why the bag date woudln't change, but i'm guessing probably because it was sent to a different hub...

good luck in any case and remember to keep calm. there isn't anything you can really do at this point.

i do hope they get to you in time though.

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

sorry to hear it. doesn't seem like there's anything you can do, though, since the items have already been shipped.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

There's also the fact that they've had tons of packages that have gone through their system and things slow down. They've gotten tons of complaints and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Personally, if you needed it by Sunday, you should've sprung for faster shipping. It's more your fault than FedEx's.

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Fedex and UPS both have no delivery time guarantee on ground shipments to residences. Why? So that when their system gets overloaded they put the business customers first (rightly so) and get those packages out on time. I'll play a sad, sad, song for you on the world's smallest violin, since you didn't feel like springing for 2 or 3 day shipping.

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I thought this was for the "Drunk Thread", at first.

They could pleasantly surprise you, but once you're in their system, you'll have to cast fate to the wind and wait. Ordering Dec. 26 didn't help matters, as you know.

8. thebiggoose thread starter macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

By Saying that they might suprize me...do you mean that it might arrive earlier than expected? Is it possible that thehy just dont always uypdate their tracking info? I just checked and the bag is now listed as "Arrive in Fed-Ex Location" in Toledo, Ohio. That is only an hour or two away form my house. Does that mean the Macbook mgiht be with it. I see no reason why the wouldn't be close together, they both left from California. In fact, the shipping location for the bag was actually a few (approxamitley 50) miles farther than the MB!

9. thebiggoose thread starter macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

UPDATE: I just check the shipping again, and the bag left Toledo, while the Macbook arrived in Toledo a few hours later, which means they should get to my house tomorrow a few hours apart! Does anyone know if they would wait for the second package to arrive at the fed-ex station to deliver them both to my house?

10. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I'm pissed too!

Whoops. Different kinda pissed :eek:

11. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I'll just drive up and get it myself. It's only an hour's drive away. ;)

12. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

That would be my guess, that they'll look to combine the two, since it's the same delivery address.
    Watch out for MACDRIVE though. He's thinking about getting your stuff before you do. :)

13. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Fedex is probably not going to deliver it on Saturday unless you pre-selected that option as well. Fast forward to Tuesday at the earliest ...

I agree with everybody else, if you needed it spring for something better than ground shipping. Hindsight is 20/20 ... looks like you won't have it for NYE ...

They always update their tracking information for every new location the package enters. Especially in the continental US.

14. thebiggoose thread starter macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

I didn't select the saturday delivery, but the expected delivery date is saturday and the fedex lady i talked to said that it would be delivered on saturday so idk?

15. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

good luck man, I've seen stranger things happen but well I would prepare to be without it just incase. I've seen more "delayed - rescheduled" than accidently delivered on saturday's personally but again best of luck

16. thebiggoose thread starter macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

Thanks much. The reason I need it for Sunday is...I'm going to a New Year's Eve party at my church and I am currently on crutches. I hurt my knee wrestling so I can't do any of the stuff there (basketball, swimming, mechanical bull). I was planing on hanging out with a few other people with their Macs. Our church is very pro-mac! We have plans to be all mac soon. Check us out www.242community.com

17. imacintel macrumors 68000

When I got my PowerBook, I dealt with FedEx Ground. First, they said it would take 8 days, which is long enough. But then it was 12 days, then 15, thn 16, which was the actual date of arrival! It's frusturating.

18. thebiggoose thread starter macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

I got it and he bag i the same shipment early this morning. In fct, tht's what I'm posting on now!!!

19. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Nice, glad it worked out for you. I'm guessing your sig needs to be updated, though, huh? ;)

20. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

As well, the thread title can be changed.

When you use free shipping, you'd better expect anything. I've noticed that UPS often delivers things just as fast but in busy times, things won't be moved from one depot to the next for more than a week. Then again, they've also done 2nd day air in a week. :(

21. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Good. That's what I meant by "pleasantly surprised". ;)