I'm probably going to get flamed for this.

Discussion in 'Games' started by sam10685, Nov 18, 2006.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

...but i don't care. i have a DS Lite and a very bad wireless router that works on my powerbook G4 but not my DS. i finally figured out a way to hook my computer up wired and use the signal my airport card in my powerbook gives out to get online with my DS. however, it is very inconvienient to leave my laptop wired. if i bought an Airport Extreme, would it easily give my DS, my powerbook (and my Wii that i'll have in 15 hours) all wireless conections? (...and my future Intel Mac mini?)

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Why would you get flamed ?

I use an Airport Express. It works with my DS-Lite, All our macs (2 x macbook, imac g4, imac core duo, ibook, mac mini, and my mac pro) as well as 1 pc and my xbox 360... If it can handle all them then I dont think you will have a problem :)

I'm sure it will work with my wii too.

3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Depending on how far your router'll be or if you're house is made from the same stuff mine seems to be (6 inch thick lead), then yeah

4. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

i tend to ask silly questions on these forums and thought this would constitute as one of them.

that's what i meant... the one that plugs into the wall and looks like the power supply for the powerbook. anyway, thank you for the answere and i'm pretty excited for tonight! (oh, one more thing; does the Express require any programming for the DS or does it just flow? it was a mother to figure out how to use the signal from my powerbook.)

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL. no it wasnt a silly question at all.

I just plugged it in, connected it my modem via ethernet. On the DS I just told it to search for network. It finds the airport and it auto assigns everything from there.

I dont bother using any encryption or security as I'm in a single house in a fairly remote village :)