I'm seeing red

Discussion in 'Games' started by daleslad, Aug 20, 2003.

1. daleslad macrumors member

Hi I'm new to the forum and fairly new to gaming so I need all of the help I can get.
    I recently tried playing MOHAA on OS X after successfully playing it on OS 9. When I play it on OS X the objects on the map such as fences, and buildings have a tinge of red along the edges. Has anyone got any idea why it does this and how to get rid of it. In Omaha Beach which I was playing at the time there is even a line in the sand that runs the full length of the beach.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Is the monitor depth set correctly? I've encountered odd color problems when the game wanted a different color set than the system was running...

pnw

3. alphaone macrumors 6502

Yes, I used to get that too. It's a problem with some nvidia cards. Try re-installing (save your saves) and only upgrade to 1.12. That should fix the problem.

4. daleslad thread starter macrumors member

Thanks paulwhannel and alphaone I will check it out and try it again, appreciate your help.
    I do have a nvidia card so maybe that's the problem. I did upgrade it to 1.14 and you think that update could be causing the problem. I'll try it without it and see what happens.
    Thanks again for your help.