I'm so impressed...

Discussion in 'Games' started by kingcrowing, Oct 21, 2005.

1. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

So my friend went to wal-mart the other day (I'm not the kinda person to just hang out there, and neither is he...) and told me they had an Xbox 360 on display... so i went and they did, and wow, its so sweet, Its kinda too bad though, the only demos they had were call of duty 2 (Which TOTALLY ROCKS) and King kong (which isnt that great and there were a couple of glitches, since it is pre-release), because neither of them have that great of graphics (and they don't claim too either), i wish they had project gotham 3, or ridge racer 6, or DOA4, or Quake 4, something with really impressive graphics, even like a sports game... oh well, the system looks soo cool, the controller is a nice improvement, the UI is really nice and its got some awesome graphics... its just so darn expensive... $400! and games are $60! but it does have a cable you can get, made by microsoft (FINALLY!!!! This is the first system to have it) to connect it to a VGA monitor! YAY! High Definition Gaming with out a $1000 TV!

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I would be very interested in seeing one in person, but I doubt the walmart here in Vermont has one yet. I don't plan on buying one when they are released, I will probably wait a bit. The only game I play now is Halo 2 online, seems kinda stupid for me to pay $400 to do exactly what I am doing now.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

When Halo 3 comes out, thats when I will have to scoop up a XBOX 360! :)

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Pretty much exactly what I am thinking.:)

5. kingcrowing thread starter macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

hehe, wwooden... i live right outside of Wiliston! So yeah, our wal-mart has one! Definately worth the trip, I'm selling my PSP, Game Cube and Dream Cast to get one... but it is a lot, $500 for the system, 1 Game and the VGA cord, oh well it'll be sick

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Does it support HD gaming? The drive is just a regular DVD drive whereas the PS3 is a Blu-Ray drive and the games will be playable at 1080i resolutions.

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

HD gaming yes, HD movies no.

8. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

The "regular" dvd drive has nothing to do with whether it's HD or not. And yes, It is HD compatible.

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Just can't go without the newest version of Halo! :)

10. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I thought your name was familiar, we had talked a while back about trading a PowerBook if I remember correctly. You proved me wrong, but in a good way :). I guess I will go check it out this weekend.

11. honeytoast macrumors regular

go here to see where you can play xbox 360.

rumor: the reason it has a regular dvd drive is because they are planning downloadable games and microsoft believes hd-dvd and blue-ray will be the last physical format consumers will get.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I won't be going anywhere near anything other than a Revolution IF it lives up to expectations. If it doesn't then its down to either a PS3 or an Xbox360. I doubt the PS3 with Sony's track record of faults, price, lack of games that interest me -same with xbox though- and a few other niggles would be the chosen second though.

Then again if they all fail I can happily live without a console and stick with my wonderful GBA. Thats showing zero signs of ageing. some of the best games I've played away from my Amiga have been there.

Also, i wont be getting an Xbox360 until more is known of this HD-version. I dont want to feel like a lemon buying an Xbox then 6-8 months later have them release a better model. and not until it drops in price. i know thats a catchphrase of mine... I may be financially secure but i cannot mentally justify spending £300 on a games machine and pay to play online.