Im soo Pissed off. APPLECARE

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DickArmAndHarT, Mar 2, 2007.

1. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

So you send your brand new 3 week old macbook pro away and you don't get it back for 21 days and 2 phone calls, and when you get it back, you issue was unfixed and obviously untested. My MBP had a cranky logic board, faulty superdrive, battery stopped working and being recognized and the biggest issue was when using firewire 800 and 400 at the same time, the machine would freeze until you pulled one of them out. 20 days repair and its still not fixed. I wanted a replacement for this repair, due to a long history with apple care and a previously replaced computer but it was the first repair and understandably no dice. But if i dont get a replacement shipped, before shipping this one back to them, I'm gonna flip. I bet you all know how crappy downtime is, and this is so unacceptable. What'd you think? any familiar experiences?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

where did you buy it? If u buy it from apple, I would suggest u bring it to applestore. see if u can get a replacement.

3. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Look up your local Apple service center, preferably one that's independently owned, so you don't have to send it off to Apple. Even if you have to drive an hour to get to it, it's (in my opinion) a much better option than sending it to Apple, due to quicker turnaround time. They will also be a lot more sensitive to your situation.

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I'd be going to another Apple Centre! That kind of customer treatment is terrible!

5. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Yeah, I think I would be pissed off to if that is what happened. Me never really had any issues that I couldn't fix. As for the apple store I would complain there and most times they will resolve your issue.. Good luck on your persuit