I'm sorry...but I have to ask... which Macbook sleeve?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macdaddy121, Aug 1, 2006.

1. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I know some people get upset when the same question is posed over and over again but I have to. The whole point of these forums is to talk about Apple stuff....so here goes the same question AGAIN...

Which Macbook Sleeve?????

Yes, I have searched through the forums and I have seen some.....but I have to believe there are a lot more. My favorite (so far) is the Glove but they are backordered for atleast a month and I would like one by this time next week.

I have searched google, yahoo and other forums. I have seen several but I haven't liked most of them. So, you can get mad if you want but I have searched and I still feel like asking this question needs to happen again.

If you know of a sleeve for the macbook....post it....let me know about it....keep nothing back and please please help.....I come to all of you as my final option......Thanks for helping out...:)

P.S.--what is your favorite macbook accessory??

2. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

Well on the sleeve idea, I couldn't tell you anything except to look at ebay or even just at Apple's site.

As for the accessory, its gotta be the new Wireless Mighty Mouse!

Cheers

3. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

4. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Those are my favorite but they won't be available for a month....and I don't know who else sells them.

5. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Talk about a mass stampede for MacBook sleeves....
    I was going to suggest this one, but it's back ordered too!

What about one of these?

Or you could put you MacBook in a plastic bag. Or maybe an old pizza box?

6. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I heard that the incase's are not very good. I heard that the zippers will even scratch the Macbook. I'm not willing to take the chance.

7. codo macrumors 6502

8. kaboutertje macrumors regular

kaboutertje

I really like the foof bags and the incase one, but if the incase one scratches your MB they should have taken them back allready right? Isn't it just a rumor?

9. gog macrumors regular

Go the radtech neocase. Achieve your mission in minimalistic style, indeed.
    I have had one for as long as I've had notebooks, and they unfailingly inspire vast amounts of envy.

10. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like the be.ez but I don't know how to get one to the U.S. even if I wanted one. The foof sleeve looks pretty cool but the website is really annoying and hard to navigate. Eveytime I try I get upset and look for something else. The foof sleeves also don't seem very protective.

There have been several reviews about how the incase sleeves are not form-fitting enough and how they can scratch the Macbook. I don't know for sure because I haven't tried.

Of the Radtech sleeves, "the glove" and "rebound", which one does everyone like? The glove has all of the reviews but I don't think the Rebound has even come out yet.

I emailed Radtech and they said they were backordered on both and the Rebounds first shipment was pushed back due to some manufacturing issues. So, it will be end of August before I would get anything from Radtech.

I just want to take care of my computer.....why is that so difficult? :D

11. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I found the best Macbook sleeve discussion. Can I post another forums discussion in MacRumors?

It's 7 pages of links and pictures and reviews. Is this allowed.....if no one answers in.....say 3 hours, I will post the link.

Thanks.

12. PaulinMaryland macrumors regular

PaulinMaryland

RadTech--but which?

My daughter and I agree that she should get a sleeve that (1) has a handle and (2) stays on her MacBook during use. Three RadTechs fit the bill: Omni, Neo, and Rebound. But of the three, only the Omni is available before she starts school. It also comes in the most colors. So I'll get her an Omni; maybe later she'll sell it and I'll get her the more protective Neo or Rebound.

13. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

As an apple fan, I buy everything with resale value in the back of my mind. First and foremost buy what you like want and need but don't ever forget that macs and their accesories can be sold for a good price if you take care of your things. Make sure you take care of everything. I do and it looks better and is easier to sell when I am ready to upgrade.

14. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I don't think there's anything wrong in you posting a link to another forum! We're secure enough on here to not jump boat!

15. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually I looked around and found some other links to other forums.

If you are in the market for a macbook bag this is the best forum I could find. Search through all the pages, the links, pictures and everything.

If you could though, discuss everything on this board because most of us are not members at the other board.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=295885

Check it out and report back here......

16. nickkelbackk macrumors member

I just bought a vyper sleeve from booqbags.com and it is amazing I cant wait to put my macbook in it tommorrow here is the link for it: http://booqbags.com

17. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You are waiting for tax free day too.....i feel your pain

18. Shotgun Pete macrumors regular

THIS ONE is a great sleve IMHO, as for the wireless mighty mouse I just hate the 360 scroll ball, and much prefer the ones with the scroll wheel that have side scrolling ability as well, they may not be apple branded but they are still good.

I dont like accesories though, they make me spend more money.

19. PaulinMaryland macrumors regular

PaulinMaryland

Vyper XS2

Here's the direct link to the MacBook Vyper, called the Vyper XS2.

20. PaulinMaryland macrumors regular

PaulinMaryland

Great discussion thread link!

The Brenthaven Edge I looks mighty impressive. (In blue, too.) It offers superior protection. Brenthaven calls it a "work-in protective nylon sleeve." Does this mean it can stay on your Mac as you work? One would think so, but it's curious that they include no such photos.

I also like the Bitolithic: It's made of thin neoprene, it includes a handle, and it stays on as you work. Rather like the RadTech Neo, though only half as thin (and hence less protective).

21. SteveRichardson macrumors regular

SteveRichardson

people make more posts about casing for their computers than their actual computers.

So maybe that's an exaggeration. At least this one is about sleeves and not those god-awful bookbag/messenger bags.

22. Bbusyb macrumors member

Bbusyb

While I Don't like to use sleeves as a rule I did go looking for some additional protection for My new Macbook Pro When i got it for a couple of reasons.

* Scratch Protection - After seeing the number of Scrtaches that I had gotten withn the first couple of days, I knew I needed some additional protection if I want the machine to last and look nice for the life of the product

* I have a number of Laptop bags Which I like, but which are sized for larger 15" - 17'. So Keep on using them and have the ability to use a couple of nice non laptop Bags I own I wanted something which was a liitle sturdy and provided Impact resistance.

Looking around I was not very happy with my options until I came accross a Review on Gear Diary for the Case-Mate Unibody Suit.
    [​IMG]

It Provides a strong Impact resistant protective cover for the MBP while leaving it usable. Once Its Own, It just kind of fades, with no impact on usability

An added benefit for me is that I'm not that found of the Shine Silver finish, and this gives the whole laptop exterior a Nice Matt Black Look.

23. waynechriss macrumors regular

I don't trust any sort of hard case because everyone says they scratch the laptop. Kinda counter intuitive.

24. Bbusyb macrumors member

Bbusyb

I've not noticed any additional scratches the couple of times I've taken it off to check. Its pretty firmly set once fitted (Snap Fit), so I don't think its going to get the chance to scratch as there is no parts that re loose or moving.

25. molly8171 macrumors newbie

Memoggy.com is great

After reading the review below i purchased my macbook sleeve from memoggy

i agree with mellodyy 100%. I purchased bella macbook sleeve from them and i am extremely happy. it's very nicely crafted and beautiful looking. It's very obvious that they used very high quality material. the inner lining is as soft as cotton (or your cat's fur :)