I'm sorry

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Oct 1, 2002.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I have to apology about my comments in another thread. This is my first post in 3 weeks. Latelly I have been under a lot of presure, presure that I do not want you to experiment. We are about to enter in a civil war.

Just to share with you what is going on in my country. I live in Caracas (the capital of Venezuela). My city is like New York, L.A. , Dallas, all in one, the rest of the country is like Arkansas, everything happend in the capital first.

We have a president that result a Fidel Castro fanatic and he want to establish a comunit dicatorship. The economy is so bad that we had a 100% inflation in 6 months. A month 1/2 I wanted to buy a powerbook G3, in that time it cost $1000, today it cost $1500 and my income went from $700 to $200. The problem is that the president have been financing people from the gettos with money and heavy armament from 9mm guns to MK-47 and fals. The situation is so bad that this same people are selling their guns in the black market for $50 or so. The crime was bad 3 years ago now is every where. The only solution is the intervention of the army, but they are so stupid that they do not know how. So, we are the 80% of the population controled by a 20% armed.

To make everything worse, president Bush made an agreement of not interfere with the venezuelan comunist regimen with the waranty of having oil for 20 years from Venezuela during thye war. Jimmy Carter, the OEA, and United Nations are doing nothing because "they have enough problems already" the have said.

So, we are a bunch of civilians trying to organize ourselves to see what we can do to kick out this goverment. Enough pressure for me when the one on tv is me and not a tv show from some other country. Enough for me when every single company is not investing because of what may happend. I do not even have money to leave the country or to buy amo.

Last week I took my car to a garage for service, then I saw the news at night "the police breaking in to the garage because they where using stolen parts from other cars". I took me a week to get my car back from that place specially because the detective want money for leting me get my car back.
    Lats night I went with my best friend to another police station because at 7pm 2 men aproached to him with a gun and stold his car. I do not live in a getto, I lieve in what would be conside the Upper East Side of Manhattan and the crime is that bad.

I'll be away for some time because the topics of the site seem really silly for me right now. My fear is that this same simptoms are pointing the US very bad. The idea of a comunist goverment in Venezuela is to stablish a chaing between Cuba and Brazil (the actual political candidate of Brazil is comunist to as Fidel Castro) and the plan is to create a comunist area togather with Argentina a Peru to take over the US later on. I will give that no more than 3 years or less.

The only save place right now is europe, I'm thinking to move to Spain some time next year.

RT

2. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I have friends from Caracas who are equally upset at the situation your country is in at the moment. I cannot imagine having to live with such economic and safety concerns. And I share your concerns about the war-path of President Bush. To our country's credit, however, we officially do not support the overthrow of democratically elected governments. I do not understand how you believe that a ruler installed through civil war could possibly be better for the long-term health of your country's democracy. But, at any rate, continue to know that you and your country are in our thoughts and prayers.

3. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I definitely second that. It's amazing how the world's media only cover the "hot topics" of the month fanatically and devote little to no time to suffering happening elsewhere in the country. I hope you and everyone you know make it out of this crisis without too much trouble. Good Luck.

4. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

as one of the major people that your post was directed at a while back, i want to tell you i accept your apology wholeheartedly and i didnt even really give it a second thought. i know the pressure you are under, it has come thru in the majority of your posts since you first told us of the growing problem there. i hope your people are able to sort this out peacefully and soon, and i hope you are okay in the long run.

5. diorio macrumors 6502a

Hang in there, hopefully your country will be able to kick out the government and restore some good polititians in office.