I'm such a noob...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daneoni, Nov 13, 2006.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

...WHY! did i pay Apple £11 to double my RAM to 2GB. The price of a gig of ram is £92 from crucial but from Apple?....£102.

I dunno why i didnt check like i always do. Now i've plonked down £11 extra which is unnecessary. Oh well i dont have a screw driver anyway so buying a box set to actually install the £92 stick will cost me. So i guess it works out somewhat.

Still bummed though.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Those 11 pounds mean that Apple have one less reason to blame you if you ever need warranty service. Look at it as insurance :D

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Think of it this way...everything is covered by the warranty/AppleCare, so there are no worries about who's responsible if something goes wrong.

Edit: ***hisses at iMeowbot***

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

5. wentwj macrumors regular

Plus you would have had to buy 2gigs of ram, since Apple gives you 2x512 when you have just 1 gig.

I'm in the opposite boat. I didn't upgrade my RAM (assuming Apple still overcharged like madmen), but their upgrade is really fairly reasonable and I wish I would have.

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Hold your tongue, comrade. The Eyebrows of Justice swept down swiftly and mercilessly upon Khrushchev for such remarks.

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

He mentioned in another thread of his that it's a MacBook Pro, which comes with 1x1GB as the entry-level.

I've lost faith in this system...I'm not getting enough bread to go with my vodka. I see some of our friends have defected, and I think I may do the same.