I'm Such an Idiot!! (Pointless thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PaRaGoNViCtiM, Aug 14, 2005.

1. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

I just discovered that there is an Apple Store exactly 37 Miles from me. I always went to an Apple Store that was like 70 miles away. I'm so excited.
    Sorry, I know this is a pointless thread, I'm just so excited!

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

37 miles is pretty far. With gas prices the way they are now, I'd rather walk 37 miles than drive. (Ok I'm such an idiot for saying that.)

3. PaRaGoNViCtiM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Very true, thank god gas is cheaper in Jersey (that's where the store is)!

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The Official "Meaningless Drivel" thread

Not only that - in New Jersey, they pump the gas for you - always liked that :D

D

5. PaRaGoNViCtiM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, that's definitely a PLUS!!!

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

That's because they figure people are too inept to do it themselves. :p

But do we still need this type of job protection for people?

Why not some trained expert to walk the dogs for us...

7. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

You guys have to pump your own gas? Doesn't that make your hands smell like gasoline? My local gas station is $2.30 a gallon, they pump it, and they wash the windshield.

8. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

where do you live.... the cheapest gas here is $2.55 and we have to do everything ourselves with no helpful service at all

it also doesn't help i drive an explorer..... :rolleyes:

almost cheaper to buy an electric car then it is to pay for gas.

9. PaRaGoNViCtiM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gas where I live is $2.57 right now. Utter and total BS!

10. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

$2.50 for a gallon of petrol, and you complaint...? :rolleyes:

Here in Norway the petrol is about $6.50 pr gallon (NOK 11 pr liter) at the moment.

$2.50, give me a break... :rolleyes: ;)

11. PaRaGoNViCtiM thread starter macrumors 6502a

:eek: OMG!!!!!

12. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Yes, but I'm willing to bet that the public transportation is much much more accessible than over here. Around my neighborhood there is only one bus line (that's the only public transportation) and that one bus comes around once every 40 mins. :rolleyes:

13. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Last time I went to the pump:

Premium (2 cars)- $2.70ish a gallon (two suvs get 13-14mpg average)

Diesel (1 car)- $2.60ish a gallon
    ^^^BUT I do get 37mpg Highway! Yea, thats up with you corolla drivers except my car is significantly bigger (I know, the corolla's look really small but are pretty big on the inside).

And I get no windshield wiping or filling of the gas tank. I do know of a gas station in RI that will fill your tank for you.

14. KALIF macrumors newbie

15. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Wow. How did this thread go from being about the locations of hidden Apple stores to being about gas prices? ;)

16. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Thats what I was wondering too.

But on to the new subject of the thread (which some mod should change the name to)... Yesterday I was travilin to the middle of no where and it was 2.67! (but now im just completley shocked its 6 bucks someplace. :eek: ) :eek:

17. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's been extremely expensive outside the U.S.A. for quite a long time. This country has pretty much been shielded from price increases and the taxes other countries levy since they import almost all of their oil.

Getting back to the topic of this pointless thread, there are quite a few Apple stores in New Jersey. A couple weeks ago, I was in a motel that was about 5 minutes from Bridgewater Commons and about 30 minutes from Menlo Park. Short Hills and the store in Marlton were a world away as far as I was concerned but nothing is really too far in NJ. :)

18. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I have to admit we have amazingly cheap gas prices compared to the rest of the world.

I am surprised it is so high in Norway. I thought Norway had an abundance of offshore oil wells. Is a lot of that $6.50 taxes?

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

For once, a thread title delivers exactly what it says......this thread really IS pointless. :p

20. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I live in northern NJ and the gas station I go to is a no brand name station. They are always the cheapest around by about 10 cents. So I would say the prices today in northern NJ were about 2.40 to 2.50 .

21. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Not that good, but ok. In the morning and afternoon the interval of buses from where I live (a typical residential area about 5 miles from downtown) is about 15 minutes, but during the day and evening they just go every 30 minutes to an hour.

And they are rather expensive. A single ticket downtown (or back) will cost me almost $5 (NOK 31), and a bus pass for a month will cost me about $140. (I've not actually taken the bus for quite a while as I prefer to walk or ride my bike, so the prices are a guesstimate ;)).

22. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

As the nearest Apple Store is in London, it's quite a long drive... made even worse by high gas prices... :p ;)

There's nothing like a good free-ranging thread... :D

23. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Oh yes. I don't remember the exact percentage, but I'm guessing about 80% of the price are taxes.

Which are just fine by me. I'm actually a rare breed who wants gas prices to increase. NOK 20 pr liter (~$10 pr gallon) would be an excellent gas price (if all other car related taxes were to be removed, and we have a lot of them in Norway :eek:). That would mean that all car taxation would be directly linked to the use of the car, the part that pollutes and wears down the roads, so that those using the car the most are the ones paying the most tax.

But then it really would be expensive to drive to the nearest Apple Store in London and much cheaper to tale the bus to one of the two Apple Centers in Bergen (even if one is just 30 minutes walk away, the other just over an hour).

Se I managed to get it back on topic... ;)

24. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

I suppose that you are talking about the Apple Store in Sagemore (Marlton, NJ) right? That store popped up out of nowhere a few years back. I used to go to the King of Prussia store but now I have a store about 10 miles from work.

Man, is it nice to have a very local Apple Store.

Hickman

25. mpw Guest

I'm in Jersey and pay $6.16/gallon (£3.40) :eek: