i'm switch to a mac

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by irishguy1976, Dec 31, 2005.

1. irishguy1976 macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2005
    to allow my switch to happen i need some information

about the G5 iMac

and also an external tv card setup

and something to hook up my 5.1 speaker
  2. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

Oct 9, 2005
    8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    That's nice you want to switch to a Mac.

Check out the apple.com site about specific info regarding the currently available iMac configuration.

Also run a search on the MacRumors forums site for specific posts in regard to the other concerns you have.

Good luck!

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    In order to supply you with information, I think we need to know what you'd like to know first ;)
  4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Elgato makes a line of external TV cards,
    THe iMac G5 has a digital optical output that can play 5.1 audio from surround sound source material -- it requires a cable, a speaker set or receiver with both an optical in and a Dolby/DTS decoder. If your speakers use analog ins and don't have a decoder, then you can use the USB connected Sonica Theatre from M-Audio
  5. irishguy1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2005

well this how my mac and pc battle play out

sony vaio

G4 dual 867 powermac

then hp - only 3 month old i going to reset it

so to hell with pc and hello apple 4 good !

on a sprate matter the G4 imac the 17" for 1299 the video card how good is it !

because i run on the pc a 128 mb geforce fx card " i just want to know the difference "
  6. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Jun 9, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Glad to hear you're making the switch! I don't quite understand what you mean with your pc/mac battle... Are the vaio, powermac, and HP computers you currently own, or are deciding between?

As for the video card in the sunflower iMac, I don't believe it'll compare to your FX in the pc. It's hard to say without knowing any real knowledge of which card models you have, but I think the G4 iMac had a 64MB Geforce4 MX, which isn't a real bad card but would probably have problems keeping up with the FX. (I think some of the 17 inchers even had only 32MB of VRAM...)
  7. StealthRider macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2002
    Yokosuka, Japan
    I think he means the G5...the 17" iMac has a 128MB Radeon x600 Pro, which will almost definitely outperform your HP's card.