I'm typing this from...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dawgfang, Jun 10, 2005.

1. dawgfang macrumors member

my new 12" Powerbook. I went to the Apple store today and bought a new 12" Powerbook with a dvd burner. This is the coolest computer I've ever seen much less owned - and I don't know ANYTHING about Apple computers.

If there is anyone on the fence about to switch - do it. I was torn between the 12" and 15" until I saw a picture of a 12" on top of a 15". I wanted the cool backlit keyboard but the size is just too good so I went with the small one. This thing is just too badass!!

I've built my last few windows machines and I have what I THOUGHT was a fast rig (2.8 overclocked to 3.1 with a 9800 pro and twin 10k rpm raptors and a gig of ram). Oh no - this little notebook seems SO much faster.

I can't get over how cool and practical this os seems and I've only scratched the surface. I predict I will sell Apple several computers before years end.

Oh well I wanted to maybe give someone on the fence the push they need. Why did I wait so long??

2. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

The world may never know. Have fun with your new PBook. Thats what I have also, except mine is 2 years old.

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Congrats on the purchase, your going to discover a lot of cool things. May I suggest downloading some new Widgets from the Apple website.

4. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Congratulations on the purchase. There are many fun years ahead of you. Also, for widgets, this site is very good too. Check out freeware, beccause there are many free apps out there made by developers. Many of these apps are very handy in either helping big apps or replacing htem all together.

5. 3lions macrumors member

enjoy it :)

this makes me even more anxious to buy mine

6. aznsal612 macrumors member

Congrats.

I'm just dying to get a 15" (hopefully on Sunday...my birthday). Once I get it, I'm gonna be just like you, downloading widgets and getting...adium. :p

7. kukheart macrumors regular

kukheart

I just got my

I just got my 15" powerbook and LOVE it, its the smoothest computer ive ever heard, if your thinking about getting a powerbook, just do it baby.

8. shane-o-mac macrumors regular

shane-o-mac

Diddo...felt same way when I got my 15 inch powerbook, some way cool stuff. Enjoy!

9. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

same boat as you, dawgfang.

Ladies and gentleman:

I am on my spanking new 12" as well and I am now officially a mac switcher! Wahoo!!! Sorry, can't write much; got to go play!

10. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

AMAZING machine have fun and be the envy of all your friends!!!!

ShadOW :cool:

11. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Don't wanna be picky, but in the words of Sam in Ghost, it's 'Ditto'.

The 12" PowerBook truely is amazing. Enjoy your mac.. and keep posting!