I'm 'uber famous' in the.....

Discussion in 'Community' started by mac15, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I had a rather bizarre conversation with someone over AIM. The guy was so excited to chat to me, he was like OMG wow your mac15! Your uber famous in the mac scene, I can't believe I'm actually talking to you!

So I though well uh wow sure , I try right ;) It just hit me as od is all. Someone calling me uber famous.

Sure I run funmac.com , and I play a role in the ambitiouslemon.com and I'm always getting out and spreading the word of new software. Remember those Panther screenshots that appeared on funmac.com, the ones from WWDC and the GM build, yeah that was me.

Also for a few who remember Funmac.coms famous character 'Mr. Apple' who was know for leaking apple ADC software onto the net. Yep that was me again.....

This may sounds like a weird thread, and I'm not sure if I'm as know as Arn and guys like Nick dePlume from Thinksecret. or the fact that I'm famous at all.

this thread is sounding silly so I'll call it the quits :D

2. saint macrumors regular

Well I never thought you were anything special, but after reading your autobiography just there, I would have to say you are one of the coolest guys on earth.

I think its great that super-famous people like you can spare time to come on these forums and talk to all us losers. :p

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

congrats

the online mac community is a small village and certain people get to be known pretty well...i am sure arn must be known by many at macworld

macheads know the chief designers at apple who make the hardware...what dell user can name their hardware designer?? and what dell user even cares?

and as for a dell online comminity or dell rumors?

who cares?

with mac users, we are proud to use the "better" machine and grateful that we somehow survive in a sea of PC makers with unlimited money and influence...so that is one of the perks for being on a computer platform that includes less than five percent of the market...people can easily know about you and care what you have to say

i still get excited every time i see an apple sticker on a car and i sometimes wonder what PC users think of the apple logo thinking that it is some sort of secretive cult:p

5. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

If you have to tell everyone how famous you are, you're probably only famous in your own mind.

This is one of those threads where, early in the morning, i'm reading it thinking "i couldn't be imagining this...."

hehehe.

I'm gonna go over to the photography thread and find me some famous photographers. :) Hehehe

6. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

You know, you are missing something. It's called a point - it makes a story so much more interesting. :rolleyes:

I am sure you are a swell guy, but I believe it should be your actions or others singing your praises, but not yourself. Seems kinda, well, egotistical.

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I honestly have no clue if "eyelikeart" is famous or not. I do know I've been running around with this handle for 6 years or so, so it's possible. ;)

I did a google search for S&G...and wow...

anything from my website, to my resumé, to posts here as well as a few other boards, my birthdate...

8. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

See, eye, any fame you might have is directly proportional to the work that you've done. You'd never have to say it.

I run into people from FLUX northside who remember your work.

There's two types of notoriety—perceived buzz and actual buzz.

You've got actual buzz.

That said, I'd NEVER wanna be famous for posting on internet bulletin boards.

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

u mean aside from the ones I know out there? ;)

that's pretty cool...do they hate my work?

10. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

haha. well, megan always asks...remember her? freudian slip?

I'd like to slip....ah nevermind.

No they actually like your work. Pittsburgher's are easily awed by mediocre talent, erego, you and I absolutely amaze them with our surplus of talent. :)

Though megan does have a great eye for stuff

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

self inflamation of the ego is something I think you can cure with over the count meds.....;)

glad you made it! But you might want to watch out - it might have been one of your friends messing with you.

D

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

do I remember her?

ps: u will notice that's MY flower postcard she's holding... ;)

13. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Unfortunately you can't see it, but the frame she's holding is one of MY photos. :)

I win frank. I'm uber famous and you're not. ;)

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I must be uber-mediocre then...

damnit...

15. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Perhaps we're more uber mediocre than even the supposdely famous Mac15 (who's just as uber mediocre as anyone else, barring greats like Ghandi and Abe Lincoln. hehe) because we're discussing who's more ubder famous due to the possession of our photos by an uber babe.

Goddamn the germans and their uber word.

16. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hmm...true...

maybe we're uber-overanalyzing this whole thing though...

excuse me while I uber-burp...

17. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

will do. i have to go take an uber-poop

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

this thread is on its way to the newly created forum - the über-wasteland......

(can't for get the umlauts ;) )

D

19. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

since you seem to have such a penchant for criticizing people's motives, why not try criticizing your own motives in going down on him like that? not very friendly, if you ask me.

mac15--creating a popular site, especially in the mac community, will definitely get you some recognition, heh.

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

You are uber famous in my eyes eyelikeart. ;)

Thank you for sharing that story mac15. Just take it as an ego stroking for the day, something to make you feel good about yourself. I think that in our own world we are famous to someone. That we each make a difference in someone's life.

21. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hey...I'm über-money... ;)

22. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

well, for wdlove, it sounds like mediocrity=über-famousness to a select, small group of people. so in that sense... remember that girl that hung on you like a gluestick? ;)

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I was trying to boost the morale of eyelikeart a little. Hope it isn't that you think I'm mediocre. :p

24. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

what's wrong with mediocrity? hell, i'm mediocre, so obviously, it must be kinda cool. i'm all for making people feeling better, but making tenuous arguments like "you're famous so someone you may not even know about" seems like a poor way to go about doing that. it's much better to quote Saliere from Amadeus: "I absolve you of mediocrity!"

beyond that, if you got to know eye, you'd know he's a well-adjusted guy who doesn't need to feel famous to be happy with his life. he was only joking, as is the wont of many on the forums, myself included.

25. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

exactly...she was a bit creepy though... :eek:

but nonetheless...she knew... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.