Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OMN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
New York, New York
Opinion based only

So my wife is using a first gen Macbook air and always has to use my Macbook Pro for work.
i am thinking of getting us a 27''iMac to share and her an iPad mini and or ipad 3 or 4(whatever i can afford at the time) what configuration do you think i'll need i don't have a huge budget.

here is our program use:
Her: web browsing, iTunes,MS OFFICE
Me: video editing software final cut, motion, iWork programs iTunes

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
My opinion? An iMac (I would consider refurbed unless the specs do not meet your needs to save costs) and a Mini iPad would work perfectly fine. I cannot see why you would need two iPads unless sharing is an issue. If she is only web browsing and listening to music, a mini would be fine IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

OMN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
New York, New York
My opinion? An iMac (I would consider refurbed unless the specs do not meet your needs to save costs) and a Mini iPad would work perfectly fine. I cannot see why you would need two iPads unless sharing is an issue. If she is only web browsing and listening to music, a mini would be fine IMHO.

yeah i don't think i want to share cause will be sharing the computer if this comes into play. i see her looking at the iPad mini its on the list now:D

MacTinker

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
iPad Mini with keyboard

Opinion based only

So my wife is using a first gen Macbook air and always has to use my Macbook Pro for work.
i am thinking of getting us a 27''iMac to share and her an iPad mini and or ipad 3 or 4(whatever i can afford at the time) what configuration do you think i'll need i don't have a huge budget.

here is our program use:
Her: web browsing, iTunes,MS OFFICE
Me: video editing software final cut, motion, iWork programs iTunes

What about getting the iPad mini with a bluetooth keyboard. That way she doesn't have the excuse to use your iMac for a "real keyboard".

~~Love Macs cause they work..... and if they don't you can tinker until they do.~~

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.