Imac 20 " 2.33 Intel and gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by JJMU, Dec 29, 2006.

1. JJMU macrumors newbie

Hello- I am considering purchasing an iMac 20" 2.33 Core2 Duo as my next computer. As a PC user, I have quite a few games I would like to still be able to use on the Imac with bootcamp (Guild Wars, WOW, Battlefield games). Can anyone tell me how these games would perform using bootcamp? Will this Imac be able to play future PC gaming releases at a reasonable frame rate? Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

2. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

I have a 2.0 CD 20" with 2g RAM and it plays any game out today at full or near-full settings at a very playable framerate. I am extremely happy with the performance of my mac as a gaming desktop. Buy with gaming confidence!

3. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Just blow $100 to bump the GFX card to 256 MB. Will serve you alot better.;)

4. SilversunStreak macrumors member

SilversunStreak

From what I've read those games will perform fine. Especially WoW with the recent multi-thread support. Personally, I'm waiting for the next model when they upgrade the GPU. I want to be able to hopefully play Spore with grapphics turned up and such. We'll see...

5. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

WoW i'm sure runs on macs as well as windows.

6. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

WoW runs on both, and with the recent patch, runs equally well on both operating systems. Until this point, it was better on windows. Personally, I run it on windows, not because it runs better, but because I keep all my gaming in XP and everything else but gaming in OS X.

You'll be able to run the Battlefield games, Guild Wars and WoW at max settings with 60-100 FPS. Get the 256m GFX card, it's worth it.