Imac 20" or 23" LCD Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by stuuke, Aug 31, 2004.

1. stuuke macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2004
    I wanted to buy a LCD screen and was looking at either the 20 or 23". Now that these Imacs are out they are pretty tempting. I currently have a 12" powerbook 1.33ghz g4 so a g5 iMac would be a boost in speed. There is a price difference in the 20" monitor but not much in the 23". What does everyone think? Is there any reason not to just get the Imac?
  2. dav macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2004
    What will you be using your computer for?
  3. stuuke thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2004
    Mostly photography work, converting raw photos and working in photoshop. The laptop has worked great but the speed of a G5 wouldn't hurt.
  4. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2003
    i'd go for the imac G5, think the 20" imac G5 is 1900 and a 20" monitor from apple is 1200 so for 700 bucks you get a G5 computer not too bad if you ask me

5. budaapple macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2004

This would be a wise choice the only thing I see you losing is the ability to add more Hard drive space but then I always save my important work to an external anyway so I feel this is a great deal. Plus if you really think about it this new Imac is almost portable. Certainly more portable than a g-5 with a separate monitor. So you could present work to a client very well with a 20" Imac
    My 2 cents
  6. stuuke thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2004
    Are there any cases meant for transporting the 20 and 23" lcd monitors? I hadn't convinced myself of the 23" over the 20" monitor but now with the new imac in the mix things are really getting interesting.