iMac 2012 running 3 Screens - Now with Video Clip

Discussion in 'iMac' started by skyenet, Dec 18, 2012.

1. skyenet, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012

macrumors regular

In the middle of setting up my iMac to run on three monitors in X-Plane 10. The two HP 1211x's are hooked up to my new 27" iMac via Displayport to DVI cables.

Setting up was not as straightforward as I expected. Setting them up in OSX was very easy using the Systems Preferences - Display option. However X-Plane is proving a bit harder as it is designed to use extra screens running on different PCs connected over a Network. Will figure it out better soon, but a wee preview of how it looks. Took some video as well which I will add to the thread when I get a chance. Video now added http://youtu.be/RIyhPwNqclM

Sound is output via Optical Cable to surround sound speakers so take off's sound quite good through the subwoofer :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macrumors regular

3. thread starter macrumors regular

I nearly guarantee I earn a lot less than just about everybody on this forum, just depends on what folk spend their money on :p

I am now off to have some more beans on toast, and I am not kidding :rolleyes: :D

4. macrumors regular

Fair enough... I was just jealous. :D

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Actually it didn't work out too expensive. I picked up the 23" HP monitors a few months ago in a sale at £129 each. They have HDMI, DVI and VGA input so have other stuff hooked up to them, not just the iMac. The DVI to Displayport cables were off Amazon at around £13 each.

6. macrumors 68040

xgman

7. macrumors member

Sorry to say this: why do you spend so much money for this? I would've prefered a windows PC ;)

8. macrumors member

only jetlag.

9. macrumors 6502

That looks like an awesome setup. Good job!

Also, beans on toast is awesome.

Heinz beans + warburtons bread ftw ;)

10. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks ;)

I wish, Asda Smartprice beans and bread for another week or two :eek:

Never mind, because the iMac took so long to come out I saved enough money over the last eight months, and it will all be paid off by the end of the year. So will splash out on Heinz beans + warburtons bread to celebrate.

My daughter is happy as well as she will inherit my 24" iMac :)

11. macrumors regular

youve got some serious problems my friend lol...i like it though...I got two thunderbolts right now running off my tweaked out macbook pro...can cant wait to add my i mac to make it three..

----------

how come every time someone puts up a picture like this of their setup to share with the rest of us, theres always one or two negative comments? I never understood that...just be happy for the guy Jesus christ!! Or take your condescension somewhere else...We're suppose to be here to help each other not make them feel like **** for spending too much or whatever...If hes happy thats all that matters, thankyou that is all

12. thread starter macrumors regular

Uploaded video to youtube http://youtu.be/RIyhPwNqclM

Need to work on a few things such as running full screen on the three screens, lining them up a bit better and balancing colour between them. Lots of experimenting to do, but quite pleased with result so far

13. macrumors member

Congrats on your iMac. Now work on getting on that centerline ;-)