iMac 24 Buy Now?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by macdon401, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. macdon401 macrumors 6502


    Jul 9, 2005
    ...thinking of getting new iMac 24, I am using a 20 1.8 first gen now.
    My question is....should I wait till after the MacWorld announcements in January, will they be announcing hardware upgrades, for iMac's, or will it be Leapard and iLife driven?
    Should I wait till the next revision, I have not heard that the new 24's are that bug ridden!
    I would love to hear opinions on the topic and thank you got your advice!

  2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

    Dont Hurt Me

    Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    I would buy, iMac is in mid cycle so it wont be updated for many months. I dont know if your a gamer but if so the 7600GT is the ticket though there isnt anything wrong with the 7300Gt its a good card also. Also with such a nice display I would want to check it out first making sure no dead pixels so I would travel to the nearest store. The new OSX should show in January That could be a issue,maybe not. Its nice to have a new machine during the holidays so Go for it.:)
  3. vi2867 macrumors 6502


    Oct 11, 2006
    Eastvale, CA
    There will always be something better coming out...

    The question is, are you willing to wait about 2 months to get your new iMac or do you get it now and enjoy it over the holidays.

    I think it is pretty safe to get a mac right now since I don't think a faster processor is going to be launched at MW, maybe a new design, but I doubt it...;)
  4. speakerwizard macrumors 68000


    Aug 8, 2006
    the 24" imac rocks major ass, its the best computer ive ever owned, i love everything about it!!!, thats compared to my old G5 powermac, imac G4 etc, you would seriously not regret this buy
  5. roland.g macrumors 603


    Apr 11, 2005
    One mile up and soaring
    if you are thinking about buying it, then you aren't buying it
    if you are buying it, then you are done thinking about it

    if you don't want to pay for iLife '07 but want it, wait till Jan.

    if you don't want to pay for iLife '07 and Leopard but want them, wait till Leopard comes out (Feb-Apr).

    if you don't want a new iMac more than you want to wait, then get dizzy, it's an endless cycle.

    it all depends on how well your iMac 1.8 does for you, and whether you care about any of the above. it would be real sweet to have a new 24" for xmas. I almost did. But I wanted to save on iLife and Leopard, though I badly needed to upgrade my G4 450 'sawtooth', so I got a refurb Mini 1.66 with printer promo, and I know someone who will buy the Mini off me in the Spring when I get my iMac. He actually wants it sooner but is cool to wait.

Share This Page