I'm set on buying a 24'' iMac (with upgraded GeForce 7600 256MB graphics card) this thursday. However, I am already hearing about the Kentsfield Core 2 Quadro, due as early as November. I really want the iMac, but I don't want to be boned over by an update soon after I buy it, especially something as big as a new quad core chip. Here's my rationing..... Buy it: 1. You can never defeat Moore's Law. 2. Must....have....sexy....24'' iMac.....NOW 3. How much better will a quad-core CPU be on modern applications, when many don't take advantage of more than 2 CPUs, sometimes not even 1. 4. Apple doesn't upgrade these often, the new one is 20 days old...seems like a good time to buy. 5. No guaruntee that the iMac will adopt the Kentsfield, right away or at all (I havent looked into it much myself so I am not sure if it is even targeted for the iMac-class computer, or more of a xeon-esk cpu for workhorse computers/servers). 6. I really don't want to wait. Don't Buy it: 1. Possibility of a november launch of the quad core. 2. Most likely same price points as Apple has a history of keeping their prices more or less set as upgrades roll through. 3. Photoshop, etc aren't native right now anyway so waiting will still be a time investment anyway. I don't feel like waiting until CS3 to buy a new Mac, I don't need to, but I still think about it.... What do you fellow Mac-heads think? - Matt p.s. I do graphic arts/design work, from the moderate to the resource-heavy, and somehow I have lived with the performance of a PowerBook G4 (with Apple cinema display of course).