Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mocman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I have the new 24" and hooked up via ethernet cable and my macbook sees the imac computer but it is sooooooooooslow it is unbearable. Do I need to hook the wireless router back up? I figured since I had a extreme card built in that it would be fast enough.
Please post any fixes that I may be overlooking...Oh Yea I LOVE MY 24"....MC

mocman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2004
yea that is correct......My Imac on the antenna has an up arrow thru it??? I have no Idea why that is there. :mad:

Carniphage

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Sheffield, England
I have the new 24" and hooked up via ethernet cable and my macbook sees the imac computer but it is sooooooooooslow it is unbearable. Do I need to hook the wireless router back up? I figured since I had a extreme card built in that it would be fast enough.
Please post any fixes that I may be overlooking...Oh Yea I LOVE MY 24"....MC

Slightly confused by your post....
But I think you are saying that you have an iMac hooked up to the Internet via a wired link - but are sharing the internet connection to other machines via airport?

The C2D iMacs and the Mac Pro all have a new (Broadcom) Airport module which is giving users a lot of performance problems. It works - but can barely manage 400Kbytes per second and often shows weak signal strength.

It sucks - and we are all waiting for an Apple Airport update.

Carniphage.

Poff

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
I have that same problem on my old iMac G4. I've got cabled ethernet. When trying to share that connection through Airport it's slow at best, doesn't work at worst..

mocman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2004
yea you are correct in wired to imac and wireless to macbook. I guess answers my question and I will resort back to the router until a update is sent.......Thanks MC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.