Imac 24" wireless network question....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mocman, Dec 17, 2006.

1. mocman macrumors regular

May 8, 2004
    I have the new 24" and hooked up via ethernet cable and my macbook sees the iMac computer but it is sooooooooooslow it is unbearable. Do I need to hook the wireless router back up? I figured since I had a extreme card built in that it would be fast enough.
    Please post any fixes that I may be overlooking...Oh Yea I LOVE MY 24"....MC
  2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Apr 27, 2006
    So.... Your sharing your ethernet connection via wireless with the Macbook?

It should be relitivley fast. Restart?
  3. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

May 8, 2004
    yea that is correct......My Imac on the antenna has an up arrow thru it??? I have no Idea why that is there. :mad:
  4. Carniphage macrumors 68000

Oct 29, 2006
    Sheffield, England
    Slightly confused by your post....
    But I think you are saying that you have an iMac hooked up to the Internet via a wired link - but are sharing the internet connection to other machines via airport?

The C2D iMacs and the Mac Pro all have a new (Broadcom) Airport module which is giving users a lot of performance problems. It works - but can barely manage 400Kbytes per second and often shows weak signal strength.

It sucks - and we are all waiting for an Apple Airport update.

5. Poff macrumors 65816

Sep 16, 2003
    Stavanger, Norway
    I have that same problem on my old iMac G4. I've got cabled ethernet. When trying to share that connection through Airport it's slow at best, doesn't work at worst..
  6. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

May 8, 2004
    yea you are correct in wired to imac and wireless to macbook. I guess answers my question and I will resort back to the router until a update is sent.......Thanks MC