Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

^squirrel^

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
England
All,

There's no question that the iMac's GPU has enough juice for todays games, but how do you think it will be in the next 2 years. Will it still have enough juice to run games at a resonable (medium settings) rate?

Thanks all

andreas.b

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2005
^squirrel^ said:
All,

There's no question that the iMac's GPU has enough juice for todays games, but how do you think it will be in the next 2 years. Will it still have enough juice to run games at a resonable (medium settings) rate?

Thanks all

It uses the mobile PCI-E slot standard for it's graphics card, so you can upgrade it. Anyway, the 7600GT seems pretty solid. It's not a top end card, but it's better than 75% of the cards being sold to all computer users, so it should hold for some time. My 6600GT still does me well in my PC.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
andreas.b said:
It uses the mobile PCI-E slot standard for it's graphics card, so you can upgrade it. Anyway, the 7600GT seems pretty solid. It's not a top end card, but it's better than 75% of the cards being sold to all computer users, so it should hold for some time. My 6600GT still does me well in my PC.

I hear it is very inaccessible.

afornander

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
over the years when you play games your quality settings would be slowly being set lower for newer games, the answer is , well, maby. its hard to tell how much technology will bring us in 2 years:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.