iMac ad

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iZach, May 2, 2005.

1. iZach macrumors 6502

has anyone seen the ad advertising for an iMac carrying case here?
    lol

2. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

No, I haven't seen that ad, but I do recall a thread wherein a few people were searching for just such a product. And, despite many people raising objections to this notion, they were able to find at least 2 separate companies selling an iMac carrying case.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I could see it being useful...although, doesn't the foot make the iMac slightly unwieldy to carry around? Now, what we really need, is a reeeeaalllly big keyboard to strap onto the bottom of the iMac 20" to turn it into the biggest laptop ever. :D It seems like it would have a market with switchers, since it would probably still weigh less than the average Compaq / HP. ;)

4. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

iLugger

The one I ended up getting is the iLugger at www.ilugger.com.

Is it the perfect carrier? No - I actually prefer to put mine in backwards so that the stiffer foam protects the screen (who designs these things?). Other than that, it does what it says it does.

As fer the foot - the iLugger is actually designed to carry the iMac upsidedown! You slip the case over the top and then flip the whole thing. :)

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Nice! Looks like it has room for a KB and mouse and PS, too? Plus, it gives you the excuse to unnecessarily make use of the phrase "put my thing down, flip it and reverse it." :D

6. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Maybe not the keyboard

Eh - I don't know what keyboard they're using in those pics, but mine sure doesn't fit in the pocket they show. Well, it fits, but it pokes up the top. As I said - some minor design flaws, but they may have worked those out since I got mine. They seemed to be just getting themselves lined up when I ordered mine.

And, just so you know, there's *always* an excuse for that line! :)

7. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I use my box when I need to move it. Maybe not as cool as something aftermarket but it works really well.

8. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Cool(er)

Actually, I'm not quite sure the iLugger qualifies as "cool", either. Most people see it and say, "are you hungry?", assuming that it's a coolder that I have a huge lunch in. :)

The only downfalls to using the original box are:
    1) The sound of styrofoam on styrofoam gives me the chills.
    2) Do you really want would-be robbers seeing a nice shiny iMac box in your car? They're much more likely to want to go after that than a cooler. ;)

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Maybe they will think you are a pizza delivery person, and tip you! :eek: ;) :D

I don't think you can really shoot for cool, unless you get one of those aluminum-shelled hard cases. And then, if you're strong enough to carry an iMac in such a case, then, my friend, you will be cool, and Ludacris, when he sees you, will demand to know, "Watcha got in that case?"

10. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

hehe

This reminds me of my dad. He used to carry around his Classic back and forth from work. The bag looked so damn big.
    Damn me dad's superstrong! ;)
    I saw it again a few years ago and it looked more feasible to carry, but still, big bag.

Good luck with carrying your iMacs guys! Great hardware you got there, don't drop it unprotected.

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Especially not on top of my cute little tiny 12" iBook! :eek: ;) :D

12. dhracer88 macrumors regular

In case you wanted a big box to carry your imac in, TENBA has a case for you. They have cases for other macs here too.

13. timhood macrumors newbie

timhood

Yikes

Holy list price, Batman! $590?!!