iMac Ads

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by insidesource, Feb 13, 2002.

1. insidesource macrumors member

They are done by Pixar, Apple says so.

If you don't beleive me go to the apple site:

www.apple.com/quicktime

Should Be in the top right, if it has changed check the attachment

E

Attached Files:

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

we believe you
    and
    Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi
    Im from sydney

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

sure they're done by Pixar.. but who from Pixar? Look, Pixar is a huge company ( well, maybe not that huge). Its definetely NOT done by the real real pros at Pixar (ie those who made Monsters Inc, Toy Story, etc.). It looks to me like an individual project done by one of the computer guys at Pixar. Obviously this guy had too much time.

Still, I love them.

irmongoose

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, it could be done by Pixar for the relation it has with Luxo.

The same texture on the flor.
    The same camera angle.
    The animationis not the same but familiar.
    The details in the animation (when the computer moves the screen every time the CD opens up as looking at it).

The only different thing is the sound, too many noises that doesn't really match the video. Sounds silly.

So, looks like from the same school. But looks like a sample from the entire comertial by the way it finish it up.

5. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

You guys are ANAL

Dont you have anything better to do? Good GRIEF! These people from Pixar were playing around! God. It was just a pet project to have some fun with the new iMac. What a joke. "This want made by the REAL PROS at Pixar" you said. Good God man. No, wait, you're totally right- they didnt have 300 of their employees working around the clock for 4 years to produce this, like they did for Toy Story and Monsters Inc.

IT WAS A PET PROJECT FOR FUN. Leave it at that. They probably spent an afternoon on it, on a slow day. Dont forget, they have a sense of humor just like everyone else, and big stuidios are always making stuff 'on the side' so they can learn, have fun, and yes, play around. I made iBoing (link on signature) in an afternoon, and Im not Pixar, just a normal guy with some 3d knowledge.

Good grief. Dont dissect it like its the biggest secret in the world.

6. insidesource thread starter macrumors member

Don't Take It so Personally

Jeez, I was just replying it to when they said it wouldnt've been done by Pixar, so I said it was, that's all.

7. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Sorry--not directed at the thread starter. I was commenting on irmongoose's comment about how they werent done by the 'real pro's' at Pixar. That just made me laugh. Yeah, Pixar has two divisions. The professional group, and the idiots who just occupy a desk, make silly iMac animations, and get paid to fool around. Yeah. You're a REAL thinker.

8. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

I LOVE the longer of the 2 ads, I don't care that I, a 3D failure, could have done it in <week (remember, I am BAD at 3D, takes me a while) in 3D Max