iMac and bus powered devices?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jbuba, Jul 11, 2005.

1. jbuba macrumors member

Jun 6, 2005
    I plan on getting a 20" iMac and had a few questions regarding hooking up several bus powered devices. I recently purchased a M-Audio Radium 61 keyboard that I plan on hooking up to the imac. I also plan on getting a M-Audio Firewire Solo for guitar and vocals. Both these devices plug into the computer and are powered through the usb/firewire connection. My question is, with all the talk about loud fan noise and heat issues with the iMac, would powering these devices through the iMac be a problem?

P.S. I am also more than willing to hear suggestions/opinions on my possible studio set up. Are these components any good? I am a total amateur just trying to get some simple songs recorded.
  2. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Jan 22, 2003
    In your head.
    I think you should be fine. I really don't find the 20" iMacs all that noisy. There are lots of other ways to go, and I will others chime in. If you have questions about audio quality, audio software etc.. I would be able to help you better. Since one product is USB and the other FireWire, you should be fine, as each bus has it's own power, though the US bus can easly be taxed.