imac audio...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cherfizzle, Nov 7, 2006.

1. cherfizzle macrumors regular

sorry for posting another i could have posted my Q's together, but i forgot.

but is the iMac audio any good? (stock speakers)
    any bass??

and if not, any good recommenddations on cheap speakers where i can get some nice bass?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The imac audio is fine if you're not too picky and just want "local" listening.

However, for nice bass? No.

Cheap speakers for nice bass? To me that's an oxymoron. Since, presumably, you mean cheap powered external speakers, I can't think of any that provide truly good bass, but maybe your 'cheap" and my "cheap" are different.

How much would you be willing to spend?

3. cherfizzle thread starter macrumors regular

4. levitynyc macrumors 65816

The audio on the iMac speakers sucks. I have the 24" and the speakers have almost ZERO bass.

Pick up some JBL or Bose speakers and crank the tunes up! :)

5. MSM Hobbes macrumors 6502

6. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

My order on the 24" is on the way as we speak :). I went for the Logitech Z4i speakers. Its a 2.1 system so I hope it provides plenty of punch combined with the stock speakers. Does anyone own them here and if so, care to give me an insight as to what they are like? I have read reviews but to me, I prefer a consumers' account of a product.

I can't wait to be a part of the Mac fraternity! :D Can we throw a party at my place when I get mine?! Everyone here is invited as it is a Mac Owners Only Night!!!:D ;) :p

And free drinks!

Sorry to go off-topic:eek:

7. Gaelic1 macrumors member

Does that include free airfare??:D

8. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

<standard response>

B&W DM303 is the answer to everyone's problems. They sound like nothing else under £450. Relatively compact, look quite cool and sound stunning.

They were the first proper hifi speakers I bought, and I swear by them...

9. freebooter macrumors 65816

freebooter

I just picked up the Harmon Kardon Sound Stick IIs for my iMac.
    The sound is great, and the bass output is incredible (fortunately it's adjustable). For music, movies/video, and ambient apartment use they are working out well.
    There are a lot of audio-princesses around who need to spend hundreds on their speaker wire, to say nothing about their speakers....
    But, for under $200, the H-K's are a good option. (oh, and they look fantastic)