iMac Bondi Blue 233 for sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by DannyZR2, May 8, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502

233Mhz
    256 MB Ram (128 and 128)
    CD-ROM
    6MB video SGRAM
    upgraded from 4GB to 30GB hard drive 7200RPM WD.. (very nice)
    mouse/keyboard
    original software CD's
    original package/box

2. macrumors 6502

How much?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Retired

jefhatfield

since this was the machine that saved apple, i wonder if it will be worth something in a few years

i know the apple IIe made apple in the first place, and they don't bring in big bucks

what was great about the bondi blue 233 imac is that in a last minute decision, a 56k modem was put in instead of a 33.6k modem

for dialup, we are still at 56k...33.6k would be unusable in today's environment

so $360 was a good price and for modest needs, that person got a good deal in my humble opinion

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

he he

Funny thing mr. hat... The moron backed out saying he couldn't use the computer.. (after bidding and winning it)

so I relisted it and sold it for $455!!!! How bout that!

I just shipped it off today after getting my money order for $504! (extra for shipping)..

not a bad deal!

I'm satisfied and actually glad the first moron backed out.. even though he left ME bad feedback!

6. Retired

jefhatfield

Re: he he

wow, you got three and a half years out of the machine and now, if you add 300, you can get a new crt imac (that is, if you want one...but i am sure you have moved on to bigger and better things)

i am still considering something modest like a crt imac or crt emac since my needs are more modest than anybody's that i have ever seen on macrumors

the biggest thing i would ever do is light photoshop stuff and the games that come with a mac...i am not sure which thing would use more computing firepower

with photoshop, i am literally talking about just modifying photographs with no filters or such

if i created a need for computing horesepower, it would be just for fun but i don't have that much time since what free time i have, i put into these forums

at least, some of the knowledge i gain here, i can use for my computer repair business and it will help give me a better computing knowledge base for me to eventually open shop