iMac BTO w/o Sales Tax

Discussion in 'iMac' started by joshwest, Oct 6, 2006.

1. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

Hey guys do you know anywhere you can get a built to order machine to avoid sales tax. i know a guy made a thread the other day about this but i was wanting a built to order machine. Want a new 24" iMac loaded

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

What's up with all the people wanting to avoid sales tax? It's a necessary part of life. Deal with it.

3. wchong macrumors 6502

there is nothing wrong with trying to avoid sales tax...
    does it really cost the city goverment 10 dollars for a paper clip? u tell me.

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

As far as I know, the only place to get a BTO iMac is from Apple, so sales tax isn't avoidable. Only on stock machines can you get away from tax, because you can buy from Amazon and the like.

Sorry, bud.

5. apple1984 macrumors member

apple1984

Several states in the US do not levy sales tax on purchases. Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, and Alaska do not have any form of sales tax. If you known someone that lives in any of these states and are within driving distance, you can have apple ship it to them (they won't apply tax to your order because they use the shipping address to calculate sales tax), and then pick it up. This is the only semi-feasible way to avoid sales tax.

6. bossass macrumors regular

Yup. And if it saves you a few hundred bucks, it might be worth it to ship to said state and then ship from there to you. I shipped a 20" imac USPS halfway across the country for like $40. I live in OR. Perhaps I should start a middleman service. :cool:

7. akadmon macrumors 68010

8. afornander macrumors 6502

if you have a friend that is a teacher, or just works at a school, they can usualy get all taxes off, plus an education discount, you just have to order it through them. i got about $200 off my imac doing that;) :D