imac can not read files, i want to start all over again.when i the computer in first

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by boness19, Mar 16, 2007.

1. boness19 macrumors member

i got my computer and i love it and it was the computer ever making your music and save all your picture in iphoto and taking pictures on photo booth, watch movie, listen to itunes, going on front row by using apple and esc and it fun. then i download programs like msn and amsn , mercury msn and other stuff. i download limewire for the first time and then i delete it in first place and then today i download it and it shut down the whole computer off. my itunes is been crazy my videos will not play anymore and nothing working
    i made about 5 garage band music and i want to know if there is way to save them. i got .mac for 55 days and i know how to save my pictues, music, papes,homework but will it save my garage band music i did on there because i want to reboot the whole computer again because everything is not working. when i got it i just start doing things on it.

is there why please

i got on friday and i got these two gray cd with my iMac computer and i think it is to reboot the computer

my imac harddrive is been acting crazy with me. one i downlaod videos i bought from itunes and now i can not play them

is there a easy way to my garage band files on something
    i got .mac account

2. Gee macrumors 65816

Try mounting your .mac iDisk - from the Finder menu bar, choose Go > iDisk > My iDisk, and then you can copy stuff onto it. Failing that, do you have an external hard drive?

3. boness19 thread starter macrumors member

i am planing to a hard drive and i have the 17'' computer

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

boness19: You are not using the forums properly. We want you to get the help you are asking for, so please follow these guidelines:
    • Use our search page to check if your questions have already been answered in our forums. Instead of waiting for answers, you will have them right away!
    • Do not use the SIZE (text size) tag or the B (bold) tag in your posts. Large text is considered shouting, and there is no need for that.
    • Collect your questions or comments into a single post; do not make a series of posts in a row.
    • Once you post some questions, wait for the answer to those questions before asking more questions.
    • Use the QUOTE button only if quoting a previous post is necessary to make your meaning clear. It is usually not necessary.
    • Even if English is not your native language, do your best to write your questions in complete sentences, so others will understand how to help you.
    Thank you and good luck with your iMac.

Doctor Q, Administrator

5. boness19 thread starter macrumors member

i speak good but my writing is bad

is there a cool program on imac

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

To find good Macintosh programs, you can read the recommendations from our forum members in the Software Recommendation thread.

You can also go to the Apple Downloads page to find popular Mac applications.

7. boness19 thread starter macrumors member

i need help in 10 secs please

hello everyone thank you telling me how to change aif to mp3 i learn alot thank you so much

now my biggest help is how to burn a cd i got this program on my computer i want to burn it to cd and i work hard on it i mean really hard it took me 2 weeks and 100 hours to make this cool movie on my new imovie program i put so much images and sound and affects and writing it was hard and i was working on it till i am finish and today i am done with it

one i got a computer with out a dvd burn and i only have is CD RW on my computer

please i need help now in 10 secs please

8. boness19 thread starter macrumors member

i want online to buy programs from online

i got final cut pro and i put the cd in the i upload and then it said i need a serial number but when i got the cd there was no number and then i look hard and it said that go online and find the serial number online

where can i get serail number for imac programs

i paid 800$ and i can not return it back

help me

what files will work on imac

.dmg
    .mac
    .itunes
    .doc

and what esle please

9. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

What is your native language? Perhaps knowing this I can direct you to some help documents in your language.

".mac" is not a file type, by the way.

10. boness19 thread starter macrumors member

i speak arabic and not funny that i can not write good

11. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You must get the serial number from the company that sold you the software. If it wasn't in the package and they tell you to get the number online, you must follow their directions for how to get it online.

If that company didn't give you a serial number and didn't give you a way to get it, they have made a mistake or they are trying to cheat you.

I think you are asking about installers. Some applications come with executable installers that you double-click on. Some come as a folder that you drag into your Applications folder.

Either of these may be inside a .dmg file, which is a disk image. You can double-click the .dmg file to mount it as a device and see what's inside of it.

Sometimes .dmg files are compressed, which adds one more step. For example, if you have file myapplication.dmg.gz you can double-click the .gz file to create the .dmg file, and then double-click the .dmg file to mount it.