iMac cannot "see" PowerBook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Vanilla, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

Hi
    This may well be a stupid question but I gotta ask as it's been bugging me..

When I go to Network on my iMac it never brings up my active Powerbook. However I can access thePowerBook by going to Finder/Go/Connect to Server and entering the current IP address of the PowerBook.

Is there something I need to do so that the PowerBook is "found" by the iMac automatically when its on my home wireless network, without having to type in the IP address and explicitly connect to it each time?

Vanilla

2. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I have had this problem, too, when trying to access my PowerBook from my iMac. But think you simply have to give the Finder time to refresh, as sometimes you click away from the Network window, say for example, click on the Macintosh HD icon, then flip back to the Network window, and it should be there.

3. Vanilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I tried that but zip happens. It's really weird and more than a little annoying but I can live with it I guess. I'll just quietly skip past that bit when I'm showing off my iMac to my windows friends.....

Vanilla