iMac Colours..

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by RobHague, Sep 28, 2005.

1. RobHague macrumors 6502

Think we will ever see iMac's with colourful outer casings appear again? You know like the iMac G3 had its 'Flower' and 'Strawberry' and god knows what else themed casings. Plain looks good, but it would be nice to see them again.

Why did Apple drop the idea?

2. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

Based on the replacement of the iPod minis (which resembled the iMac color scheme) to standard iPod scheme in the nano and the move away from the colorful OS X to a more graphite, I'd wager that we won't see it for some time. The thing with the iMacs is the translucent colors became a fashion trend. And, like any fashion trend, it is dated. Apple, not wanting to stagnate and be dated, decided to move on with other designs. That'd be my guess.

3. baleensavage macrumors 6502a

I agree with the reasoning, but by that reasoning isn't the Nano a step back. If anything is dated it's the white of the original iPod. I for one am sick to death of that white plastic in eMacs, iBooks, iPods, iMacs and many peripherals as well. Maybe the black is the future design trend. A black transluscent iBook would be pretty cool, though they kinda already did that with the old walstreet.

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Based on the reported success of the black iPod nano, I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple sell a black iMac. A special limited edition would sell like crazy.

Attached Files:

5. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Awsome did you make that?

6. firststrike101 macrumors member

I would buy a black iMac any day. but everything would have to be black even the keyboard like the old style ones.

The iMac would even look sweet with the aluminum (Brushed metal) look to them.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I do remember a company selling custom iMac G5's with colored cases.

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

http://www.colorwarepc.com

9. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Nope, I have no design skills. From ColorWare's web site. They sell painted Macs and iPods.