iMac commercial?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sarae, Aug 31, 2004.

1. sarae macrumors 6502

I was at my university's annual pre-class extravaganza tonight, complete with an Apple table - two 12" powerbooks, a handful of ipods, a huge widescreen old monitor and 23" new monitor (looks pretty sweet up close)... the latter was playing a commercial for the new iMac. I wasn't a huge fan of the design when just looking at the still images, but it looked pretty sweet when it was shown in use. Can't wait to see them on tv (hopefully soon.)

Another thing I liked was the huge mass of people congregating around the table marvelling at how nice everything looked. Hopefully there's some new Apple customers out there.

2. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

That's very cool to hear there is an iMac commercial. Apple doesn't traditionally do a whole lot of TV advertisement for it's computers. I would love to see this new iMac TV commercial because I think it's a medium that although Apple doesn't wholeheartedly agree with/believe in/support, could successfully be used to cantilever the iMac (and Apple) to new heights.

I believe the new iMac may be able to capture the hearts of many, however, only if they know about it. Television would certainly be a likely route.

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

4. sarae thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, that's exactly what they were showing. I hope they put it on air, as it certainly drew quite a crowd - even without much audio.