Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lintottgeorge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2016
Hi guys

So initially, I installed a Windows 10 Bootcamp on my 27inch 2014 iMac with a 1TB Fusion Drive. I went to install Sierra and it said the harddisk was broken and needed to be fixed. From here, tried everything to fix it within my humble means. I got it all fixed by a computer repair place. They removed everything from the hard drive, including the Windows partition.

Now, I have my computer back and all up and running, however, I would look to boot camp it again. Is there a way to do this without corrupting the Fusion Drive? I am not the most technical person, my basic knowledge is basically youtube/good taught, so a simplish explanation would just be great.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!
cheers
George

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I had issues with Fusion and boocamp, to the point I split up my Fusion drive. I just have to wonder if there's some sort of bug in Fusion or Bootcamp that caused the issues

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
There shouldn't be any issue with Bootcamp and Fusion. macOS installs the BC partition to the hard disk (not SSD). Correlation does not imply causation. But who knows, maybe there is a bug? It's not a problem that's widely spread.

Don't forget to backup.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.