iMac Culture Shock

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BilltheCat, Jan 28, 2007.

1. BilltheCat macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Sanford FL
    I've been a pc user since, well, since the beginning of pc's. IBM days.

I have an iMac now C2D and love it dearly already even after just a few weeks. But I feel a bit like I'm in a stranger in a strange land.

Like waking up in France and speaking only english.

You have to know a certain amount of pc stuff just to use the things. They just wont work if you dont invest time learning how Bill Gates envisions the universe, ya know?

case in pont: adding a printer to the new imac.

In the pc work you have to add the cable to the pc and it might 'see' a new device. If it does it will ask what it is. Then it will ask for a driver. it will try to find one on its own and fail every time.

so you add the cd rom drivers and it tries to initialize. it may or may not work until you reboot.

On the imac I plugged it into the USB port in back. nothing pops up. hmmmm. is something wrong? so I look in system pref's and the printer is installed. I plug in the cable and it see's the printer and adds the fdrivers with no fanfare.

instant culture shock! also instant love!

Have I been missing this all these years? Bill Gates really *is* a monster then!

I love my Apple! :apple:
  2. oceanmonster macrumors regular

Jan 15, 2007
    Me too!!! :apple: Rules
  3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    Welcome to the "it just works" world -- am glad your first experience with the Mac was such a postive one.

Bill gates slays monsters.

4. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    lol, wait until u get a printer that OSX doesn't have drivers for,,,,,,,
    but yeah, as long as OSX has driver for it, the installation is much easier than windows.