iMac Delivery Time

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Italchef, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Italchef macrumors 6502

Nov 3, 2003
    Maple, Ontario
    I'm about to purchase an iMac 17" FP. Can anyone tell me the time it takes from ordering until its delivered to my door? I live in the Greater Toronto Area.
    Thank you so much in advance.

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Apr 18, 2003
    Who really knows. Your iMac could be shipped back and forth throughout the better part of North America, perhaps stopping at a carrier's hub a few miles away from your residence and then jet off 500 miles away. Keep in mind it's the holidays so that'll probably slow down its arrival. Apple's pretty quick at getting your order out the door anyhoo. It's up to these blasted carriers to get your package to your door. I fathom my Dual 1Ghz MDD was a card table for a couple of days while it sat at my Fedex hub.
  3. TEG macrumors 604

Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    I'd estimate that 7-10 days should be reasonable. I've yet to hear of any problems shipping in Canada. However, if you want it now... find an Apple Retailer (like Future Shop) and buy it there, or take a 2hr road trip to Buffalo to the Apple Store there.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003
    I just received my new 17" iMac today! I ordered it less than 2 weeks ago (a couple Sundays ago), and it was a BTO which technically should take a little longer than standard orders. The unit was shipped from BC, and I live in Regina, so if the shipping origin is the same for you it would probably take a bit longer to get out to you in Ontario, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a shipper right in Ontario. In any case, no more than 2 weeks for sure, at least from my experience - maybe I just lucked out though! ;)