iMac desktop look for XP

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by radhak, Oct 28, 2004.

1. radhak macrumors regular

I find that i miss my iMac a lot while at work. now i want to create the Panther look on my desktop. Where can I get a nice background screen/image to do this?

Mind you, i am not looking to duplicate the functionality (dock, etc, because i am guessing thats practically impossible...), but just a feel of non-XP ...

2. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

3. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Desktop images are all well and fine….but these sites. Their tips can be somewhat dangerous. Note that if you use the above sites and "tweak" your desktop too much there is an unwritten rule that all IT folks share that allows us to chop off users hands for screwing up their system. It's a secret pact held by the brotherhood of the IT geek. We will dust you in toner resadue and use a broken jagged Windows ME CD to saw off your hands as we chant the layers of the OSI model.....ommmmm Application.....ommmmmm presentation.....ommmmm session...... ;) Bob get the fuser from the laserjet...we need to solder the wounds from the wrists fast.

4. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Haha I think you're talking bout the icon/system file changes >> those I will never trust, especially since I tried one myself and it didn't uninstall correctly (flyakite kit).

Its one thing to load a visual style/wallpaper. That's easy. Going over that is probably not necessary.

5. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

actually i use a dock on xp. Its the quick launch bar. you can move that anywhere you like and have it auto hide. Make sure to set the icons to "large"

I have my as a bar running along the top.