iMac didn't come w/Jag. What's the best way to get it?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by LethalWolfe, Feb 16, 2003.

1. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

My parents just bought a new iMac ( discontinued 15" w/superdrive) and it shipped w/10.1.2 installed but no Jag update CD. They bought it at CompUSA. Should they talk to CompUSA 'bout an upgrade CD or should they talk to Apple?

Also, do you think they are going to get screwed and have to pay $120 for Jag, or should they fight to get it free, or at least the $19.99(?) "upgrade" price that Apple had a few months back.

thanx,

Lethal

2. unc32 macrumors regular

It should be included, call compusa and ask for an upgrade disk. My brother bought an iMac perhaps a month ago and it only had 10.1.5 installed...he called and had a disk sent free of charge. (powermax.com though).

3. Bear macrumors G3

If CompUseless can't help, try calling Apple and explaining it was just boought from CompUSA. Apple may only charge a $20 (US) shipping/handling fee.

4. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

Call the supplier where you got it, if they can't give it to you free, call Apple customer relations 800-sos-appl. Most likely you will have to buy a new one cause Apple is often picky about these things, but you might get lucky! Buying it might just be less troublesome then trying even get through to either of these groups.

5. Macette macrumors 6502

this happened to my mum recently - she bought a new imac and it only came with 10.1.5. I rang the supplier (Deskop Power in Melbourne) and they couriered me out a Jag disk by the end of the day. They were really surprised that it hadn't come in the box, and when they checked the other boxes found that it was the same with all of them. I guess it's to do with the amount of time the computers take to ship or something. but you certainly shouldn't have to pay ANYTHING for Jag.

6. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Cool, thanx for the response guys. I'll try CompUSA tomorrow and if that's a no go I'll contact Apple.

Didn't Jobs mention at MWNY that all computers would either come w/Jag installed or packaged as an upgrade CD and if you had purchased a Mac w/in a certain period of time before Jag was released that you could get the upgrade for 19.99 or something?

I guess I'll just get cranky if they bought a new computer and then have to shell out $129 on top of that to get the latest OS version. But, I'll cross that bridge if/when I get to it. Hopefully stage one (CompUSA) will treat me right. ;)

Lethal