Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
at work i am trying to make sure no one steals the dvd playing in the 17" iMac on display... i

s there any way to disable the eject key and change the way to open the superdrive???

thanks

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
disconnect the keyboard

:D

i suppose... however, I want to be able to close the movie window and demo the iMac right away for a waiting potential customer....

there has to be a way :D

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by steeleclipse
:D

i suppose... however, I want to be able to close the movie window and demo the iMac right away for a waiting potential customer....

there has to be a way :D

Well, this might not work but it's a shot in the dark. Try running DVD player as a Root process, so you'd have to go into Terminal and sudo-kill it to eject the DVD (it will say it's in use otherwise)... You could still pause it and exit full-screen, but I don't think you could quit DVD player from the GUI--

pnw

unc32

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
why don't you disconnect the keyboard and only use the mouse. Even though with a mouse you can sill open the drive.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Why don't you just use DVD Backup to copy the DVD onto the iMac's hard drive? That way, you can just play it from the desktop without having to have a DVD in the drive.

P.S. - If you're really that concerned about someone stealing your DVD, I have one word for you: Insurance. It does cover thefts, you know.....

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by RBMaraman
Why don't you just use DVD Backup to copy the DVD onto the iMac's hard drive? That way, you can just play it from the desktop without having to have a DVD in the drive.

P.S. - If you're really that concerned about someone stealing your DVD, I have one word for you: Insurance. It does cover thefts, you know.....
thats your answer right there. use toast and make a disc image of it and play it.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.